Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Registered Name...

Registered Name...

ToniandGuyFreak

When I go into system and it says who my computer is registered it's got my
dad's name. How do I change it to mine?

Toolman Tim

"ToniandGuyFreak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I go into system and it says who my computer is registered it's got

my
> dad's name. How do I change it to mine?

Before you post to newsgroups, please read the following web site and fix
your email address: http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html

And it is not possible to provide the help you requested unless you tell us
what operating system your computer is running:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Please post back with more details )

Toolman

Pool Champ

"ToniandGuyFreak" asked in message ....

> When I go into system and it says who my computer is registered it's got

my
> dad's name. How do I change it to mine?

To change the Registered User Information for Windows Me Windows 98 and
Windows 95
(You can change the Registered Owner, Registered Organisation, or Product ID
to anything you want).
Run the Registry Editor
Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion.
To change the values of the RegisteredOrganization, RegisteredOwner, or
ProductId, simply double-click on them and edit.

This will only change the registered user information for Windows, not for
the applications on your system.

Hope this helps
PC

Monitoring Total Registered Endpoints in Gatekeeper via SNMP kartik Cisco 0 10-22-2005 07:14 PM
Re: Economial Registered IT Exams Questions T-Bone Microsoft Certification 0 07-26-2005 05:35 PM
MCP registered with Microsoft Partner =?Utf-8?B?S2FybG9zMTk3MA==?= Microsoft Certification 2 04-12-2005 09:11 AM
why registered output? Alex VHDL 2 07-27-2003 06:45 PM
XST fails to recognize FSM with registered outputs E. Backhus VHDL 2 07-25-2003 07:48 AM

Advertisments