Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > call/helpdesk application

call/helpdesk application

J. Elzinga

Hi all,

My boss is looking for a application to use by the call/helpdesk.
He want it as free as possible. MMy collegae and I heve searched the web,
but we starnded at 5 or 6 applications, and all found too expensive at the
moment.
My boss thinks that if there is so much for everything, even freeware stuff,
so there must be an application for his call/helpdesk what is possibly free
or less expensive then ? 250 for a network of about 120 systems.

My question: is there such application for that price? And if so, what is it
called?
If not, could someone give a big answer for my boss??

Greets,

TIA

Jan

slumpy

....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel J. Elzinga
decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

> Hi all,
>
> My boss is looking for a application to use by the call/helpdesk.

Any particular type ?

Telephone routing software ?
Instant abusive call cut-off ?
Screensavers that hide your gaming ?
--
slumpy
no more

Millimeter

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 08:18:58 GMT, "J. Elzinga"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>My boss is looking for a application to use by the call/helpdesk.
>He want it as free as possible. MMy collegae and I heve searched the web,
>but we starnded at 5 or 6 applications, and all found too expensive at the
>moment.
>My boss thinks that if there is so much for everything, even freeware stuff,
>so there must be an application for his call/helpdesk what is possibly free
>or less expensive then ? 250 for a network of about 120 systems.
>
>My question: is there such application for that price? And if so, what is it
>called?
> If not, could someone give a big answer for my boss??
>
>Greets,
>
>TIA
>
>Jan

At my last gig we started with a Lotus Notes database for call
tracking and task assignment.

just a thought,
Millimeter

TT

Millimeter wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 08:18:58 GMT, "J. Elzinga"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>My boss is looking for a application to use by the call/helpdesk.
>>He want it as free as possible. MMy collegae and I heve searched the web,
>>but we starnded at 5 or 6 applications, and all found too expensive at the
>>moment.
>>My boss thinks that if there is so much for everything, even freeware stuff,
>>so there must be an application for his call/helpdesk what is possibly free
>>or less expensive then ? 250 for a network of about 120 systems.
>>
>>My question: is there such application for that price? And if so, what is it
>>called?
>>If not, could someone give a big answer for my boss??
>>
>>Greets,
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>Jan
>>

> At my last gig we started with a Lotus Notes database for call
> tracking and task assignment.
>
> just a thought,
> Millimeter

Well, I've onlu used Remedy and I'm sure that's one of the expensive
ones...
Have you looked at Open source/Linux?