Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook Express Will Not Open Attachments and Links Do Not Open When Clicked ON

Outlook Express Will Not Open Attachments and Links Do Not Open When Clicked ON

Mike

Outlook Express: can not open attachments and links enclosed in a received
Outlook Express
email message are not hot links when they should be.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Mike
\

Mike

XP Home OS.

Mike

news:Ftngc.18035$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Outlook Express: can not open attachments and links enclosed in a

received
> Outlook Express
> email message are not hot links when they should be.
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
> \

Unk

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 04:28:21 GMT, "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Outlook Express: can not open attachments and links enclosed in a received
>Outlook Express
>email message are not hot links when they should be.
>
>How can I fix this?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mike
>\

Run Outlook; click Tools, Options, "Security" tab.
Uncheck the box, "Do not allow attachments to be saved
or opened that could potentially be a virus"

Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329570

OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in Outlook Express 6
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291387

SA

Hello for attachments, tools/options/.security and uncheck the box that says
do not allow ... for links, can't help you, but good luck in finding the
answer.
news:Ftngc.18035$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Outlook Express: can not open attachments and links enclosed in a

received
> Outlook Express
> email message are not hot links when they should be.
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
> \

Mike

Thanks, that's it.

Mike

"Unk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 04:28:21 GMT, "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Outlook Express: can not open attachments and links enclosed in a

received
> >Outlook Express
> >email message are not hot links when they should be.
> >
> >How can I fix this?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Mike
> >\
> >

> Run Outlook; click Tools, Options, "Security" tab.
> Uncheck the box, "Do not allow attachments to be saved
> or opened that could potentially be a virus"
>
> Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329570
>
> OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in Outlook Express 6
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291387

Unk

You're welcome.

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 04:48:05 GMT, "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Thanks, that's it.
>
>Mike
>
>"Unk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 04:28:21 GMT, "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >Outlook Express: can not open attachments and links enclosed in a

>received
>> >Outlook Express
>> >email message are not hot links when they should be.
>> >
>> >How can I fix this?
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >
>> >Mike
>> >\
>> >

>> Run Outlook; click Tools, Options, "Security" tab.
>> Uncheck the box, "Do not allow attachments to be saved
>> or opened that could potentially be a virus"
>>
>> Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329570
>>
>> OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in Outlook Express 6
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291387

pcme pcme is offline
Junior Member

the steps did not work for me