Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Saturday pronunciation humor

Saturday pronunciation humor

Gary G. Taylor

[relayed from alt.usage.english]

One morning Dick Cheney and George W. Bush were having brunch
at a Washington restaurant. The attractive waitress asks
Cheney what he would like and he replies, "I'll have a bowl
of oatmeal and some fruit."

"And what can I get for you, sir?" she asks George W. Bush.
He replies, "How about a quickie?"

"Why, Mr. President," the waitress says, "How rude....! You're
starting to act like Mr. Clinton and you haven't even been in
office for a full term yet!"

As the waitress storms away, Cheney leans over to Bush and
whispers: "It's pronounced 'quiche'."
--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

x@y

"Gary G. Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
sharing a warning.

$(E-Mail Removed)...
> [relayed from alt.usage.english]
>
> One morning Dick Cheney and George W. Bush were having brunch
> at a Washington restaurant. The attractive waitress asks
> Cheney what he would like and he replies, "I'll have a bowl
> of oatmeal and some fruit."
>
> "And what can I get for you, sir?" she asks George W. Bush.
> He replies, "How about a quickie?"
>
> "Why, Mr. President," the waitress says, "How rude....! You're
> starting to act like Mr. Clinton and you haven't even been in
> office for a full term yet!"
>
> As the waitress storms away, Cheney leans over to Bush and
> whispers: "It's pronounced 'quiche'."
> --
> Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
> gary at donavan dot org / http:// geetee dot donavan dot org
> "The two most abundant things in the universe
> are hydrogen and stupidity." --Harlan Elliso

Thanks for the warning "Gary"!
You wont see me in Washington for a brunch,
I think it is safer to have a quickie at home.
x@y.