Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP Error message

XP Error message

Chrosis

Whenever windows starts I get a message saying that system32.exe has
encountered a problem and needs to close. Things seem to work o.k. but now
my "d" drive has disappeared from the my computer window.

any ideas ?

Adam

Unk

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 02:03:14 -0400, "Chrosis" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Whenever windows starts I get a message saying that system32.exe has
>encountered a problem and needs to close. Things seem to work o.k. but now
>my "d" drive has disappeared from the my computer window.
>
>any ideas ?
>
>Adam

Looks like you have a virus.
http://www.symantec.com/search/ Search for system32.exe

This is a link to a small FREE program by McAfee Anti-virus named Stinger.
It will scan your system for 36 known viruses and trojans (including the new
W32/MyDoom worm) and repair them. You don't need McAfee anti-virus installed
on your computer... this is a stand alone program.
http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

Free online virus scanners

http://housecall.antivirus.com/
http://security.norton.com/default.a...d=us&venid=sym