Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Laptop drive caddy release Dell Latitude LS

Laptop drive caddy release Dell Latitude LS

1st-timer

Hi folks. Excuse me, I'm totally new to laptops. Got one used
through ebay, arrived today and i cant get the drive caddy open lol.

I suspect that the release button was broken off, because next to the
drive bay is a little hole where one would fit. Every other component
has a convenient release button, but this one, just a hole. I looked
around inside there but I can't figure any place to apply pressure
that would open the drive bay.

This unit was advertised as Grade "A", so either they lied or I'm an
idiot. I'd like to know which, please help.

tia

Yddap

"1st-timer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi folks. Excuse me, I'm totally new to laptops. Got one used
> through ebay, arrived today and i cant get the drive caddy open lol.
>
> I suspect that the release button was broken off, because next to

the
> drive bay is a little hole where one would fit. Every other

component
> has a convenient release button, but this one, just a hole. I

looked
> around inside there but I can't figure any place to apply pressure
> that would open the drive bay.
>
> This unit was advertised as Grade "A", so either they lied or I'm an
> idiot. I'd like to know which, please help.
>
> tia

Talking about the Hard Drive, I presume.

If it is like a Latitude 600 or CPx there is a screw missing
go to the dell website
http://support.euro.dell.com/uk/en/home.asp

and search for the service manual
--

Yddap
BY User

=?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=

1st-timer wrote:

> Hi folks. Excuse me, I'm totally new to laptops. Got one used
> through ebay, arrived today and i cant get the drive caddy open lol.
>
> I suspect that the release button was broken off, because next to the
> drive bay is a little hole where one would fit. Every other component
> has a convenient release button, but this one, just a hole. I looked
> around inside there but I can't figure any place to apply pressure
> that would open the drive bay.
>
> This unit was advertised as Grade "A", so either they lied or I'm an
> idiot. I'd like to know which, please help.
>
> tia

In a couple of minutes browsing the Dell Web site, I found the manual
for your laptop. Tried that?

Yddap

"Yddap" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsmXfc.939$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "1st-timer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Hi folks. Excuse me, I'm totally new to laptops. Got one used
> > through ebay, arrived today and i cant get the drive caddy open

lol.

> > I suspect that the release button was broken off, because next to

> the
> > drive bay is a little hole where one would fit. Every other

> component
> > has a convenient release button, but this one, just a hole. I

> looked
> > around inside there but I can't figure any place to apply pressure
> > that would open the drive bay.
> >
> > This unit was advertised as Grade "A", so either they lied or I'm

an
> > idiot. I'd like to know which, please help.
> >
> > tia

> Talking about the Hard Drive, I presume.
>
> If it is like a Latitude 600 or CPx there is a screw missing
> go to the dell website
> http://support.euro.dell.com/uk/en/home.asp
>
> and search for the service manual
> --

This is the User manual
http://docs.euro.dell.com/docs/Syste...n/ug/index.htm

Yddap

1st-timer

Palindr?me <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<c5pfrl$45o95$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>...
> 1st-timer wrote:
>
> > Hi folks. Excuse me, I'm totally new to laptops. Got one used
> > through ebay, arrived today and i cant get the drive caddy open lol.
> >
> > I suspect that the release button was broken off, because next to the
> > drive bay is a little hole where one would fit. Every other component
> > has a convenient release button, but this one, just a hole. I looked
> > around inside there but I can't figure any place to apply pressure
> > that would open the drive bay.
> >
> > This unit was advertised as Grade "A", so either they lied or I'm an
> > idiot. I'd like to know which, please help.
> >
> > tia

> In a couple of minutes browsing the Dell Web site, I found the manual
> for your laptop. Tried that?

yeah, that eventually occurred to me.. sorry about this post.