Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Sound recording

Sound recording

rsp

Does anyone know how I can record audio through my sound card using Windows
sound recorder when the audio is longer than a minute?

Thanks,

rsp

Patrick

rsp wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can record audio through my sound card using
> Windows sound recorder when the audio is longer than a minute?
>
> Thanks,
>
> rsp

You need to create a file of the required length first.

There are two ways you can do above said;

Method #1, When you have got to the end of the first 60sec, if you press
'Record' again then you will find that the thing will now show 120sec and
continue recording. You can keep doing this until the file is required
length, then save the file and record onto said file.

Method #2, Save a 60sec file, open another instance. Now use 'Insert file
....' on the 'Edit' menu to insert the saved file, do this till required
length is attained, then save new large-file for later re-recording.

Gary G. Taylor

rsp wrote:

> Does anyone know how I can record audio through my sound card using
> Windows sound recorder when the audio is longer than a minute?
>
> Thanks,
>
> rsp

The alternative is to use another application which does not impose the
one-minute limit on you. One of them is Audacity at
http://audacity.sourceforge.net; there are others.
--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

Ruth

Also gives you auto start on voice level and compression:
http://www.retellrecorders.com/support/downloads.htm
Ruth

"Gary G. Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9wTfc.37550$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> rsp wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know how I can record audio through my sound card using
> > Windows sound recorder when the audio is longer than a minute?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > rsp

> The alternative is to use another application which does not impose the
> one-minute limit on you. One of them is Audacity at
> http://audacity.sourceforge.net; there are others.
> --
> Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
> gary at donavan dot org / http:// geetee dot donavan dot org
> "The two most abundant things in the universe
> are hydrogen and stupidity." --Harlan Ellison

Calhounsmith Calhounsmith is offline
Junior Member

Hi, I have noticed that this is an old question.

Yeah, the above showed ways are good for recording sound for more than one minute on Windows sound card.

Alternatively, if you have googled a streaming audio recorder, you could find there are a lot of similar programs, which has no time limit for recording. Hope my answer could help you.

sound recording Pete Computer Support 9 01-12-2005 10:17 PM
Choppy sound when recording Keith Computer Support 1 06-14-2004 09:56 PM
Re: Sound recording philo Computer Support 1 12-07-2003 09:17 PM
Re: Sound Recording - Runs out of memory jackson marshmallow Java 0 07-18-2003 08:49 AM
Re: Sound recording suggestions °Mike° Computer Support 0 07-06-2003 03:28 PM

Advertisments