Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Viruses...

Viruses...

hayes4

Attention to all of you people who like to send emails that contain these
W32 worms if you send them to anybody who has an email address that ends
with blueyonder.co.uk you will find that the email server for this ISP has
an anti virus program installed on the server and any infected email that
you send to any blueyonder email address will have the worms removed via the
server... So your mission to infect ones computer has collectively failed
and you will have to go away and think your next tactics....

-= Hawk =-

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 04:32:05 +0100, "hayes4" <(E-Mail Removed)>
scribbled:

>Attention to all of you people who like to send emails that contain these
>W32 worms

All none of them have read your post.

Riddles II, v3
- T. Pratchett

anon

and he appears to have posted his address - with the hope of receiving??

"-= Hawk =-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 04:32:05 +0100, "hayes4" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> scribbled:
>
> >Attention to all of you people who like to send emails that contain these
> >W32 worms

> All none of them have read your post.
>
> --
> 'What Profiteth It A Kingdom If The Oxen Be Deflated?'
> Riddles II, v3
> - T. Pratchett

Avenger©

wrote:

>Attention to all of you people who like to send emails that contain these
>W32 worms if you send them to anybody who has an email address that ends
>with blueyonder.co.uk you will find that the email server for this ISP has
>an anti virus program installed on the server and any infected email that
>you send to any blueyonder email address will have the worms removed via the
>server... So your mission to infect ones computer has collectively failed
>and you will have to go away and think your next tactics....

And what a **** you are!!! You obviously know nothing about viruses
and how they are transmitted. Stick to posting bedtime stories at
alt.noddyandbigears.

"Put the CAT out to reply"
*I DETEST Spam - A Spam Hater since 1951*

=?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=

Avenger© wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 04:32:05 +0100, "hayes4" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>Attention to all of you people who like to send emails that contain these
>>W32 worms if you send them to anybody who has an email address that ends
>>with blueyonder.co.uk you will find that the email server for this ISP has
>>an anti virus program installed on the server and any infected email that
>>you send to any blueyonder email address will have the worms removed via the
>>server... So your mission to infect ones computer has collectively failed
>>and you will have to go away and think your next tactics....
>>

> And what a **** you are!!! You obviously know nothing about viruses
> and how they are transmitted. Stick to posting bedtime stories at
> alt.noddyandbigears.

However, as the OP has put his unmumged email address (I was tempted
to leave it so, but just don't have the killer instinct) into the
great wide World, his education in viruses is about to enter its
practical phase.

Avenger©

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:45:40 +0100, Palindr?me <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Avenger© wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 04:32:05 +0100, "hayes4" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>Attention to all of you people who like to send emails that contain these
>>>W32 worms if you send them to anybody who has an email address that ends
>>>with blueyonder.co.uk you will find that the email server for this ISP has
>>>an anti virus program installed on the server and any infected email that
>>>you send to any blueyonder email address will have the worms removed via the
>>>server... So your mission to infect ones computer has collectively failed
>>>and you will have to go away and think your next tactics....
>>>

>> And what a **** you are!!! You obviously know nothing about viruses
>> and how they are transmitted. Stick to posting bedtime stories at
>> alt.noddyandbigears.
>>

>However, as the OP has put his unmumged email address (I was tempted
>to leave it so, but just don't have the killer instinct) into the
>great wide World, his education in viruses is about to enter its
>practical phase.

Sh/He/It is probably playing on mommy and daddy's computer and daddy
won't be pleased!!!!!
--
(E-Mail Removed)
"Put the CAT out to reply"
*I DETEST Spam - A Spam Hater since 1951*

Gary G. Taylor

hayes4 wrote:

> Attention to all of you people who like to send emails that contain these
> W32 worms if you send them to anybody who has an email address that ends
> with blueyonder.co.uk you will find that the email server for this ISP has
> an anti virus program installed on the server and any infected email that
> you send to any blueyonder email address will have the worms removed via
> the server... So your mission to infect ones computer has collectively
> failed and you will have to go away and think your next tactics....

1. The viruses you refer to are not consciously sent by individuals. They
are sent by hijacked computers. The machines have been hijacked because
their owners have not taken the proper precautions to protect themselves.
The owners of these computers almost certainly have no idea their machines
are doing this. A bit of searching in the archives of this newsgroup at
http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en will yield numerous
instances of such victims complaining their computers are slow, or
discovering they've been infected by running antivirus scans; you will also
find numerous suggestions about what to do in such cases and how to prevent
such infections from re-occurring. (Hint: Don't use Outhouse Explosion for
mail or Internet Exploder as a browser; install and maintain antivirus and
firewall applications; don't post your full email address in newsgroups--as
you have done.)

2. At least one virus currently making the rounds harvests email addresses
to send its payload to by scanning newsgroup postings. Since you have
posted with your actual email address, you'll be a good test subject for
blueyonder's virus filter. And I would not place 100% confidence in its
ability to eliminate all unfriendly stuff before it gets to you.

3. Make certain that you know what you're talking about before you post
drivel in a newsgroup. And learn how to capitalize and punctuate.
--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

slumpy

....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel hayes4 decided
it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

> Attention to all of you people who like to send emails that contain
> these W32 worms if you send them to anybody who has an email address
> that ends with blueyonder.co.uk you will find that the email server
> for this ISP has an anti virus program installed on the server and
> any infected email that you send to any blueyonder email address will
> have the worms removed via the server... So your mission to infect
> ones computer has collectively failed and you will have to go away
> and think your next tactics....

Dear Sir

We at The Blueyonder Anti-Virus Brigade would like to remind you of our TOS;
Chapter 11, Section 139, subsection 12, Paragraph 1182b:

"At no time must you or anyone you know quote anything we do to anyone at
any time. All knowledge of anything done by ourselves is classified and
shall not be divulged even under the effects of alcohol. All actions by
ourselves are untraceable and such claims will not be discussed until such
evidence is removed from our servers."

As regards the so-called W32-Worm you are receiving, that seems to be from
your own machine, which has more infections than a slapdash Dutch immigrant
whore, according to our logs.

Under these circumstances we are forced to suspend any service you may have
had, including any AV software you were relying on us to run to save you the
bother and expense of paying for it yourself. Your connection will have
disappeared the moment this message had downloaded to your computer, which
will be a great disappointment to the 231 trojans all using your connection
to dial home.

Please hesitate to contact us at any time.

Regards
Mr slumpy
TBYAVB