Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > recommend a registry cleaner?

recommend a registry cleaner?

alan jeeves

Hi,

Can anyone recommend to me a registry cleaner. I already use Spybot and
Adaware but do they remove all the wrong/bad/false registry entries? And is
there a program that will, because there's plenty of reg cleaning apps out
there and I was wondering if any are worth running.

thanks,
alan.

Boomer

"alan jeeves" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:c5ng6d$4s5$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone recommend to me a registry cleaner. I already use
> Spybot and Adaware but do they remove all the wrong/bad/false
> registry entries? And is there a program that will, because
> there's plenty of reg cleaning apps out there and I was wondering
> if any are worth running.
>
> thanks,
> alan.

Hi

You might want to check out °Mike°'s
Basic computer maintenance

Irony Alert

$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone recommend to me a registry cleaner. I already use Spybot and
> Adaware but do they remove all the wrong/bad/false registry entries? And

is
> there a program that will, because there's plenty of reg cleaning apps out
> there and I was wondering if any are worth running.
>
> thanks,
> alan.

Regclean

Just google for it, it comes from Microsoft and is free. I've read that
some people have issues with it, but I've used it on all flavors of windows
& had no problems. Just backup your registry before using it.

PuppyKatt

Hi Boomer. I just clicked the link to Mike's website, and got a message
saying that the page is temporarily unavailable.

news:407f4680$0$165$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net...
: "alan jeeves" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
: news:c5ng6d$4s5$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net:
:
: > Hi,
: >
: > Can anyone recommend to me a registry cleaner. I already use
: > Spybot and Adaware but do they remove all the wrong/bad/false
: > registry entries? And is there a program that will, because
: > there's plenty of reg cleaning apps out there and I was wondering
: > if any are worth running.
: >
: > thanks,
: > alan.
:
: Hi
:
: You might want to check out °Mike°'s
: Basic computer maintenance
: http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

bardeban

use " Registry Mechanic". you can download it from kazaa with registration
number. It is an excellent tool.

"alan jeeves" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c5ng6d$4s5$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone recommend to me a registry cleaner. I already use Spybot and
> Adaware but do they remove all the wrong/bad/false registry entries? And

is
> there a program that will, because there's plenty of reg cleaning apps out
> there and I was wondering if any are worth running.
>
> thanks,
> alan.

Boomer

"PuppyKatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:i2Ifc.1328$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi Boomer. I just clicked the link to Mike's website, and got a
> message saying that the page is temporarily unavailable.

I just troed and got this message:
"The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data
transfer. Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please
try again later."

[snip]

>: Basic computer maintenance
>: http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

Boomer

"Irony Alert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> $(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can anyone recommend to me a registry cleaner. I already use
>> Spybot and Adaware but do they remove all the wrong/bad/false
>> registry entries? And

> is
>> there a program that will, because there's plenty of reg cleaning
>> apps out there and I was wondering if any are worth running.
>>
>> thanks,
>> alan.

> Regclean
>
> Just google for it, it comes from Microsoft and is free. I've
> read that some people have issues with it, but I've used it on all
> flavors of windows & had no problems. Just backup your registry
> before using it.

I don't think it's endorsed by MS anymore. If found, I wouldn't use
it on any OS higher than Win98. IMO

Boomer

Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:407f4ef8$0$165$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net:

> "PuppyKatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:i2Ifc.1328$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Hi Boomer. I just clicked the link to Mike's website, and got a
>> message saying that the page is temporarily unavailable.

> I just troed

'tried' <waves to ICee>

> and got this message:
> "The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated
> data transfer. Access to this site will be restored within an
> hour. Please try again later."
>
> [snip]
>
>>: Basic computer maintenance
>>: http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

Boomer

"bardeban" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:E5Ifc.25407$(E-Mail Removed) :

> use " Registry Mechanic". you can download it from kazaa with
> registration number. It is an excellent tool.

Warez?!

$19.95. http://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-s...cgi?item=5006-
6&affiliate=16375

> "alan jeeves" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c5ng6d$4s5$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can anyone recommend to me a registry cleaner. I already use
>> Spybot and Adaware but do they remove all the wrong/bad/false
>> registry entries? And

> is
>> there a program that will, because there's plenty of reg cleaning
>> apps out there and I was wondering if any are worth running.
>>
>> thanks,
>> alan.

ICee

Boomer wrote:
> Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:407f4ef8$0$165$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net:
>
>> "PuppyKatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:i2Ifc.1328$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> Hi Boomer. I just clicked the link to Mike's website, and got a
>>> message saying that the page is temporarily unavailable.

>> I just troed

> 'tried' <waves to ICee>

LOL . Good evening, Toomer!