Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Serial Communications..

Serial Communications..

Alan S.

Hello
How can I acces the serial port via .NET please

Many thanks

Alan

Bruce Brown

Hi,

Try the following link. It is what we use.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...m/default.aspx

Regards,

- Bruce.

"Alan S." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:IJr5b.1638$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
> How can I acces the serial port via .NET please
>

> Many thanks
>
> Alan

Mike

Alan,

Check out this user sample for a C# SerialPort class on the GotDotNet Web
site:

http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/U...4-dfe325097c69

Read through the user posts as there are some reported bugs. This class is
reportedly going to be similar to what Microsoft will ship with the next
release of the .NET framework.

-Mike

"Alan S." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:IJr5b.1638$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
> How can I acces the serial port via .NET please
>

> Many thanks
>
> Alan

Kumar Gaurav Khanna [.NET MVP]

Hi!

This is one way to go about it:

http://www.devhood.com/tutorials/tut...utorial_id=320

Another is that you write a managed C++ class that internally uses Win32 API
to do the communication, since as of .NET 1.1, there's no native support for
serial port communication.

--

Regards,
Gaurav Khanna