Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: FileDialog window handle

Re: FileDialog window handle

Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook]

Franco,
I do not see a method of getting the handle in any of: OpenFileDialog,
FileDialog, nor CommonDialog.

CommonDialog have overridable HookProc & OwnerWndProc methods, that have
IntPtr hWnd parameters, you might be able to override one of them to get the
window handle.

Not sure if either method is 'too late' for what you want.

Hope this helps
Jay

"Franco Gustavo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> How can I get the handle for FileOpenDialog class?
>
> I know I have to get it from the base class FileDialog but it doesn't have

> method to get the handle.
>
> Please I need it urgently.
> Thanks so much.

Franco Gustavo

I can't override the methods, because I'm using FileOpenDialog and this
class is sealed, If a it inherit from ComonDialog I don't have the
funcionality from FileOpenDialog.

Really the only that I wanna do is send a WM_COMMAND message to change the
default view to Thumbnail view.

Thanks

"Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Franco,
> I do not see a method of getting the handle in any of: OpenFileDialog,
> FileDialog, nor CommonDialog.
>
> CommonDialog have overridable HookProc & OwnerWndProc methods, that have
> IntPtr hWnd parameters, you might be able to override one of them to get

the
> window handle.
>
> Not sure if either method is 'too late' for what you want.
>
> Hope this helps
> Jay
>
> "Franco Gustavo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > How can I get the handle for FileOpenDialog class?
> >
> > I know I have to get it from the base class FileDialog but it doesn't

have
> > method to get the handle.
> >
> > Please I need it urgently.
> > Thanks so much.

Sunny

Hi Franco,
you may take a look at the threat "reflection, base class private
properties, etc." in this group to see if using reflection to "nude" the
sealed class will help you somehow.

Sunny
"Franco Gustavo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I can't override the methods, because I'm using FileOpenDialog and this
> class is sealed, If a it inherit from ComonDialog I don't have the
> funcionality from FileOpenDialog.
>
> Really the only that I wanna do is send a WM_COMMAND message to change the
> default view to Thumbnail view.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Franco,
> > I do not see a method of getting the handle in any of: OpenFileDialog,
> > FileDialog, nor CommonDialog.
> >
> > CommonDialog have overridable HookProc & OwnerWndProc methods, that have
> > IntPtr hWnd parameters, you might be able to override one of them to get

> the
> > window handle.
> >
> > Not sure if either method is 'too late' for what you want.
> >
> > Hope this helps
> > Jay
> >
> > "Franco Gustavo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > How can I get the handle for FileOpenDialog class?
> > >
> > > I know I have to get it from the base class FileDialog but it doesn't

> have
> > > method to get the handle.
> > >
> > > Please I need it urgently.
> > > Thanks so much.

Franco Gustavo

I'll try, but I could send WM_COMMAND and sent the wParam 40964 and change
to detail View, but I can't find the ID to change to thumbnail view, I tried
to trace it with MS SPY++ but I can't find it the ID.

I know that if I find the right ID it is going to work, some idea for there?

Thanks.

"Sunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ul$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Franco,
> you may take a look at the threat "reflection, base class private
> properties, etc." in this group to see if using reflection to "nude"

the
> sealed class will help you somehow.
>
> Sunny
> "Franco Gustavo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I can't override the methods, because I'm using FileOpenDialog and this
> > class is sealed, If a it inherit from ComonDialog I don't have the
> > funcionality from FileOpenDialog.
> >
> > Really the only that I wanna do is send a WM_COMMAND message to change

the
> > default view to Thumbnail view.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> message
> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Franco,
> > > I do not see a method of getting the handle in any of: OpenFileDialog,
> > > FileDialog, nor CommonDialog.
> > >
> > > CommonDialog have overridable HookProc & OwnerWndProc methods, that

have
> > > IntPtr hWnd parameters, you might be able to override one of them to

get
> > the
> > > window handle.
> > >
> > > Not sure if either method is 'too late' for what you want.
> > >
> > > Hope this helps
> > > Jay
> > >
> > > "Franco Gustavo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

doesn't
> > have

Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook]

Franco,
Doh!

I figured they were there to "support the framework", however the
documentation for the methods were not labeled as such, I checked that much.

I forgot that the OpenFileDialog & SafeFileDialog themselves are sealed.

Hope you find what you need.

Jay

"Franco Gustavo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I can't override the methods, because I'm using FileOpenDialog and this
> class is sealed, If a it inherit from ComonDialog I don't have the
> funcionality from FileOpenDialog.
>
> Really the only that I wanna do is send a WM_COMMAND message to change the
> default view to Thumbnail view.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Franco,
> > I do not see a method of getting the handle in any of: OpenFileDialog,
> > FileDialog, nor CommonDialog.
> >
> > CommonDialog have overridable HookProc & OwnerWndProc methods, that have
> > IntPtr hWnd parameters, you might be able to override one of them to get

> the
> > window handle.
> >
> > Not sure if either method is 'too late' for what you want.
> >
> > Hope this helps
> > Jay
> >
> > "Franco Gustavo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > How can I get the handle for FileOpenDialog class?
> > >
> > > I know I have to get it from the base class FileDialog but it doesn't

> have
> > > method to get the handle.
> > >
> > > Please I need it urgently.
> > > Thanks so much.

Mick Doherty

It's VB6 code but you should get the info you need:

Save & Open File Dialog Demo
http://www.mvps.org/vbvision/Sample_Projects.htm