Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Access Password

Access Password

Turbo Art

I am trying to import a Works database into Access. I am following
the instructions in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 154167. When I
get to the last step, which is Click Import, a dialogue box pops up
asking for a password. I have no idea what this is all about.

Hywel

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> I am trying to import a Works database into Access. I am following
> the instructions in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 154167. When I
> get to the last step, which is Click Import, a dialogue box pops up
> asking for a password. I have no idea what this is all about.

You need the password that's been set to protect the Access database.

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://kibo.org.uk/

Turbo Art

Hywel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) et>...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > I am trying to import a Works database into Access. I am following
> > the instructions in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 154167. When I
> > get to the last step, which is Click Import, a dialogue box pops up
> > asking for a password. I have no idea what this is all about.

> You need the password that's been set to protect the Access database.

I am creating a brand new Access database. I have not set any password for it.

Hywel

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Hywel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) et>...
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > > I am trying to import a Works database into Access. I am following
> > > the instructions in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 154167. When I
> > > get to the last step, which is Click Import, a dialogue box pops up
> > > asking for a password. I have no idea what this is all about.

> > You need the password that's been set to protect the Access database.

> I am creating a brand new Access database. I have not set any password for it.

In that case, perhaps it's asking for the Works database password.

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://kibo.org.uk/

Millimeter

On 14 Apr 2004 18:00:47 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Turbo Art) wrote:

>Hywel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) et>...
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
>> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> > I am trying to import a Works database into Access. I am following
>> > the instructions in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 154167. When I
>> > get to the last step, which is Click Import, a dialogue box pops up
>> > asking for a password. I have no idea what this is all about.

>> You need the password that's been set to protect the Access database.

>I am creating a brand new Access database. I have not set any password for it.

I guess I know even less about DB than I thought but, on one hand you
say you are importing an existing works database, and on the other you
are creating a brand new database.

From the article you mentioned, you are creating a blank access DB,
then creating a table and importing the works DB into that table.

If it is asking for a password, it must think there is a password on
the works DB you are importing from. Did you save this as dBase iii
or dBase iV? and has works saved the file with the .dbf extension?

Turbo Art

Millimeter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> On 14 Apr 2004 18:00:47 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Turbo Art) wrote:
>
> >Hywel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) et>...
> >> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> >> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> >>
> >> You need the password that's been set to protect the Access database.

> >I am creating a brand new Access database. I have not set any password for it.

> I guess I know even less about DB than I thought but, on one hand you
> say you are importing an existing works database, and on the other you
> are creating a brand new database.
>
> From the article you mentioned, you are creating a blank access DB,
> then creating a table and importing the works DB into that table.

Yes! That's what I'm trying to do.

> If it is asking for a password, it must think there is a password on
> the works DB you are importing from. Did you save this as dBase iii
> or dBase iV? and has works saved the file with the .dbf extension?

Saved as dBase iii with a .dbf extension. I created the Works DB and
I did not give it a password. I then emailed the Works DB to myself
so that I get it into a computer that has Access.

Millimeter

On 15 Apr 2004 12:18:32 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Turbo Art) wrote:

>Millimeter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..

>> >I am creating a brand new Access database. I have not set any password for it.

>> I guess I know even less about DB than I thought but, on one hand you
>> say you are importing an existing works database, and on the other you
>> are creating a brand new database.
>>
>> From the article you mentioned, you are creating a blank access DB,
>> then creating a table and importing the works DB into that table.

>Yes! That's what I'm trying to do.
>

>> If it is asking for a password, it must think there is a password on
>> the works DB you are importing from. Did you save this as dBase iii
>> or dBase iV? and has works saved the file with the .dbf extension?

>Saved as dBase iii with a .dbf extension. I created the Works DB and
>I did not give it a password. I then emailed the Works DB to myself
>so that I get it into a computer that has Access.

Perhaps a silly questions but did you try entering a blank password to
import?

Turbo Art

Millimeter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> On 15 Apr 2004 12:18:32 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Turbo Art) wrote:
>
> >Millimeter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..

> >> I guess I know even less about DB than I thought but, on one hand you
> >> say you are importing an existing works database, and on the other you
> >> are creating a brand new database.
> >>
> >> From the article you mentioned, you are creating a blank access DB,
> >> then creating a table and importing the works DB into that table.

> >Yes! That's what I'm trying to do.
> >

> >> If it is asking for a password, it must think there is a password on
> >> the works DB you are importing from. Did you save this as dBase iii
> >> or dBase iV? and has works saved the file with the .dbf extension?

> >Saved as dBase iii with a .dbf extension. I created the Works DB and
> >I did not give it a password. I then emailed the Works DB to myself
> >so that I get it into a computer that has Access.

> Perhaps a silly questions but did you try entering a blank password to
> import?

Yes!