Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Usenet question

Usenet question

wwp

When I finish reading my news groups I go to:
tools/options/maintenance/clean up now/delete/yes/close/ok to get rid of all
the messages. It seems to me that there should be an easier way to do this.
I'm using OE6.
Does anyone know a better way?
Thank you
wwp

--
To reply by e-mail take out the dog
----------------------

°Mike°

Right click on the group, select 'Catch up' and
then highlight all of the posts and press 'Delete'.
You should still perform maintenance, including
compacting, regularly, though. Just be sure that
your turn off compacting in the background, as
this has been known to corrupt .dbx files.

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:18:30 GMT, in
<az_ec.102784$Pk3.93331@pd7tw1no>
wwp scrawleE:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Boomer

"wwp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> When I finish reading my news groups I go to:
> tools/options/maintenance/clean up now/delete/yes/close/ok to get
> rid of all the messages. It seems to me that there should be an
> easier way to do this. I'm using OE6.
> Does anyone know a better way?
> Thank you
> wwp

Get a real news reader? <wink>

Sorry... I don't do OE. I'm sure others will be able to answer you.

wwp

Thank you for this Mike.
wwp
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Right click on the group, select 'Catch up' and
> then highlight all of the posts and press 'Delete'.
> You should still perform maintenance, including
> compacting, regularly, though. Just be sure that
> your turn off compacting in the background, as
> this has been known to corrupt .dbx files.
>

> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:18:30 GMT, in
> <az_ec.102784$Pk3.93331@pd7tw1no>
> wwp scrawleE:
>
> >When I finish reading my news groups I go to:
> >tools/options/maintenance/clean up now/delete/yes/close/ok to get rid of

all
> >the messages. It seems to me that there should be an easier way to do

this.
> >I'm using OE6.
> >Does anyone know a better way?
> >Thank you
> >wwp

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

You're welcome.

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:27:23 GMT, in
<vH_ec.109341$oR5.21375@pd7tw3no>
wwp scrawleE:

--
Basic computer maintenance

wwp

What do you consider a real news reader and is there a monthly charge for
using their server?
wwp
news:407c767d$0$200$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net...

"wwp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:_L_ec.108323$Ig.2195@pd7tw2no:

> What do you consider a real news reader and is there a monthly
> charge for using their server?

The news server is your choice. Usually supplied by your ISP. A news
reader is the software you use to read off the server.

Try some out. See what you like. I like Xnews.

http://www.newsreaders.com/win/clients.html

Just like browsers. I use Mozilla. It just depends on what you what a
client to do.

> wwp
> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:407c767d$0$200$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net...
>> "wwp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>
>> > When I finish reading my news groups I go to:
>> > tools/options/maintenance/clean up now/delete/yes/close/ok to
>> > get rid of all the messages. It seems to me that there should
>> > be an easier way to do this. I'm using OE6.
>> > Does anyone know a better way?
>> > Thank you
>> > wwp

>> Get a real news reader? <wink>
>>
>> Sorry... I don't do OE. I'm sure others will be able to answer
>> you.

Mary

Actually, what I do is: 'Edit/select all/ and then delete', to delete all
the messages, after I read what I want.
--
Mary

"wwp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> When I finish reading my news groups I go to:
> tools/options/maintenance/clean up now/delete/yes/close/ok to get rid of

all
> the messages. It seems to me that there should be an easier way to do

this.
> I'm using OE6.
> Does anyone know a better way?
> Thank you
> wwp
>
> --
> To reply by e-mail take out the dog
> ----------------------
> Did we have E. coli before we had the internet?

Kenneth

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:32:10 GMT, "wwp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What do you consider a real news reader and is there a monthly charge for
>using their server?

Howdy,

PMJI... A "Newsreader" is the software on your system that you use to
read and manage Usenet groups. There are many out there. I have used
one called Agent happily for years. You are using Outlook Express to
do the job.

If you would like more information about that product, you might want
to check http://www.forteinc.com

All the best,
--
Kenneth

anthonyberet

wwp wrote:
> When I finish reading my news groups I go to:
> tools/options/maintenance/clean up now/delete/yes/close/ok to get rid
> of all the messages. It seems to me that there should be an easier
> way to do this. I'm using OE6.
> Does anyone know a better way?

yes, don't do that.
OE6 will expire them soon enough anyway.

Re: Usenet abuse (addressed to Usenet admins) Mike Easter Computer Support 5 01-18-2010 09:18 AM
Re: Usenet abuse (addressed to Usenet admins) Tony Computer Support 0 01-17-2010 06:05 PM
Thunderbird Usenet Question: How can I set the Distribution header on my posted message ? Al Dykes Firefox 2 01-12-2005 08:37 PM
Usenet Question wwp Computer Support 4 04-21-2004 12:52 AM
usenet question?? gajabo Computer Support 11 10-06-2003 04:48 PM

Advertisments