Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: I m gonna mad Plz someone help me

Re: I m gonna mad Plz someone help me

Toby Considine

You must be very frustrated . . .

Does the web service or annymous user have aproriate file-system access to
the mdb?

Is the MDB local to the IIS server or on a network resource?

Those are the ways I like to hurt myself in web-based Access development.

"Haider Abbas Y. Narsinh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Mr Tom,
> If you dont want to help so keep your bloody mouth shut. I am not a
> beginner I m working for a firm and in the final stages of my 5th
> project School Management System. And buddy if you dont know search on
> the groups "Unable to add connection" you can see alot of queries
> without any replying threads. And by the way I m working on VB.NET.
> Plz if someone can help me. Plzzzz..... My problem is again defined
> below:
> When I try to create a data connection using VB.NET, I
> get the following message:
>
> "Unable to add data connection. Some program files are
> not properly registered on your machine. Please rerun
> the setup files."
>
> I am using VB.Net 2002 Architect, WIndows Server 2003, Enterprise
> Edition and Access 2003. I get this problem on two different
> computers.
>
> The steps I perform are:
>
> -Open VB.net
> -Right click on Data Connections in the Server Explorer
> -Add connection
> -Provider tab - MS Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider
> -Connection tab - select access .mdb file
> -Test connection - works fine
> -Click ok - Get the above message.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>

> "Tom Vande Stouwe MCSD.net" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<uqh2#(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Wow! I guess you must be doing some incredible things in the IDE. Over a
> > million users do not have this level of issues. MAYBE it you! If your
> > coding is as precise as your posting I can see why (wid = with?, blody =
> > bloody, atleast = at least, hv = have etc.) The IDE is pretty forgiving,

but

)