Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help with Cd-R driver - Plextor

Help with Cd-R driver - Plextor

Sonja

I have a Plextor 8/4/32A which I bought in 2000. It came with WinOnCd 3.7
and worked just fine.

As I upgraded my PC to Windows XP I did a very stupid thing. I tried to
install the WinOnCd and it was just to be used with Windows 98 & 2000.

Well, after that everytime that I starts the computer I have a windows
saying
"Hardware Error 1024" and by the clock I have another one saying that
windows had disable a hardware that would make the system unstable.

Even them I was able to use the drive to record cd's through MusicMatch.
Until last week that's it.

Now, after I copy a cd, the PC crashes and I have to restart it manually and
every other time the drive G (cd-R) simply disappears. Then the PC starts
with "Sec Slave Drive Atapi - Incompatible" press F-1 to start.

I've tried to uninstall and deleted everything that referred to WinOnCd to
no avail.

Is there any solution for me? Many thanks for any help,

Sonja

=?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=

Sonja wrote:

> I have a Plextor 8/4/32A which I bought in 2000. It came with WinOnCd 3.7
> and worked just fine.
>
> As I upgraded my PC to Windows XP I did a very stupid thing. I tried to
> install the WinOnCd and it was just to be used with Windows 98 & 2000.
>
> Well, after that everytime that I starts the computer I have a windows
> saying
> "Hardware Error 1024" and by the clock I have another one saying that
> windows had disable a hardware that would make the system unstable.
>
> Even them I was able to use the drive to record cd's through MusicMatch.
> Until last week that's it.
>
> Now, after I copy a cd, the PC crashes and I have to restart it manually and
> every other time the drive G (cd-R) simply disappears. Then the PC starts
> with "Sec Slave Drive Atapi - Incompatible" press F-1 to start.
>
> I've tried to uninstall and deleted everything that referred to WinOnCd to
> no avail.
>
> Is there any solution for me? Many thanks for any help,
>
> Sonja

Do you have an XP restore point, just before when you installed
WinonCd, to go back to?