Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How To Record DVD Audio To a CD

How To Record DVD Audio To a CD

CJ

Hi,
I have a few concert DVD's and I would like if possible to just record
the audio to a CDR so I can play it in the car. Is this possible and if
so what software do I need. I have a DVD drive and a CD burner. W98 SE.

Thanks in advance,

CJ

Toolman Tim

"CJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c5ehn2$dsn$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I have a few concert DVD's and I would like if possible to just record
> the audio to a CDR so I can play it in the car. Is this possible and if
> so what software do I need. I have a DVD drive and a CD burner. W98 SE.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> CJ

Since you need only the audio, you could record the audio to your hard
drive, then burn it out to an audio CD. I use MusicMatch for that sort of
thing, but most any audio software should do *IF* it allows you to record
from the system mixer.

When recording from the system mixer, turn down any inputs you don't want
recorded (double click the speaker icon in the system tray).

After it is recorded to the hard drive, you can burn it off to CD like any
other music file.

Toolman

CJ

Thanks for that it's appreciated.

CJ

Toolman Tim

"CJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c5gkv7$cm0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for that it's appreciated.
>
> CJ

Good luck - I've been quite succesful recording my old vinyl LPs with
MusicMatch as well. It's nice to get my "oldies" on CD for use in the car
)

Boomer

"Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "CJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c5gkv7$cm0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks for that it's appreciated.
>>
>> CJ

> Good luck - I've been quite succesful recording my old vinyl LPs
> with MusicMatch as well. It's nice to get my "oldies" on CD for
> use in the car
>)

I've got to do the same! Gee's all my LP's and boxes of 45's....
I'll be very, very busy!

Toolman Tim

news:407c9036$0$200$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net...
> "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

> > "CJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:c5gkv7$cm0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Thanks for that it's appreciated.
> >>
> >> CJ

> > Good luck - I've been quite succesful recording my old vinyl LPs
> > with MusicMatch as well. It's nice to get my "oldies" on CD for
> > use in the car
> >)

> I've got to do the same! Gee's all my LP's and boxes of 45's....
> I'll be very, very busy!

I imagine! I have only a couple of dozen left that I really want to do. But
my stereo system blew up and I failed to notice when I replaced the receiver
that it didn't have a phono input. So next payday it's off to the store for
a pre-amp. In the meantime, I'm playing with the new digital camera instead.
Boy, I never have enough time for all my toys <g>

T.T.

Boomer

"Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:407c9036$0$200$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net...
>> "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>

>> > "CJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:c5gkv7$cm0$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > Good luck - I've been quite succesful recording my old vinyl
>> > LPs with MusicMatch as well. It's nice to get my "oldies" on CD
>> > for use in the car
>> >)

>> I've got to do the same! Gee's all my LP's and boxes of 45's....
>> I'll be very, very busy!
>>

> I imagine! I have only a couple of dozen left that I really want
> to do. But my stereo system blew up and I failed to notice when I
> replaced the receiver that it didn't have a phono input. So next
> payday it's off to the store for a pre-amp. In the meantime, I'm
> playing with the new digital camera instead. Boy, I never have
> enough time for all my toys <g>
>
> T.T.

So much fun... yet so *very* time consuming! What camera did you buy?

Toolman Tim

news:407c9bd3$0$184$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net...
> "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

> > "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:407c9036$0$200$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net...
> >> "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed):

> >> I've got to do the same! Gee's all my LP's and boxes of 45's....
> >> I'll be very, very busy!
> >>

> > I imagine! I have only a couple of dozen left that I really want
> > to do. But my stereo system blew up and I failed to notice when I
> > replaced the receiver that it didn't have a phono input. So next
> > payday it's off to the store for a pre-amp. In the meantime, I'm
> > playing with the new digital camera instead. Boy, I never have
> > enough time for all my toys <g>
> >
> > T.T.

> So much fun... yet so *very* time consuming! What camera did you buy?

It's the Minolta Dimage S414. I was warned it would suck the life out of the
batteries, but I had NO idea! Other than that, it seems to be more than
adequate for me - 4.0 megapixels, and I can even do TIFF storage for my
closeups. No artifacting from JPG...and of course I can convert later if I
need to. (I really wanted the Canon EOS with interchangable lenses, but that
costs more than my CAR did <g>)

Boomer

"Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:407c9bd3$0$184$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net...
>> "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

[snip]
>> > I imagine! I have only a couple of dozen left that I really
>> > want to do. But my stereo system blew up and I failed to notice
>> > when I replaced the receiver that it didn't have a phono input.
>> > So next payday it's off to the store for a pre-amp. In the
>> > meantime, I'm playing with the new digital camera instead. Boy,
>> > I never have enough time for all my toys <g>
>> >
>> > T.T.

>> So much fun... yet so *very* time consuming! What camera did you
>> buy?
>>

> It's the Minolta Dimage S414.

<Drool!> Lucky you!

> I was warned it would suck the life
> out of the batteries, but I had NO idea!

I hope you have purchased lots of rechargeables! Well worth the price!

> Other than that, it seems
> to be more than adequate for me - 4.0 megapixels, and I can even
> do TIFF storage for my closeups. No artifacting from JPG...and of
> course I can convert later if I need to.

<More drool>

> (I really wanted the
> Canon EOS with interchangable lenses, but that costs more than my
> CAR did <g>)

That one is in my dreams! Just have to wait a year or two...
or three or four...

If you get some nice shots do you have a place to put them so others
can see?

I'm so envious! I'm happy for you!
Lucky, lucky you! Enjoy!

Toolman Tim

news:407ca248$0$184$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net...
> "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

> > "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:407c9bd3$0$184$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net...
> >> "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed):

> [snip]

> >> So much fun... yet so *very* time consuming! What camera did you
> >> buy?
> >>

> > It's the Minolta Dimage S414.

> <Drool!> Lucky you!
>
> > I was warned it would suck the life
> > out of the batteries, but I had NO idea!

> I hope you have purchased lots of rechargeables! Well worth the price!
>
> > Other than that, it seems
> > to be more than adequate for me - 4.0 megapixels, and I can even
> > do TIFF storage for my closeups. No artifacting from JPG...and of
> > course I can convert later if I need to.

> <More drool>
>
> > (I really wanted the
> > Canon EOS with interchangable lenses, but that costs more than my
> > CAR did <g>)

> That one is in my dreams! Just have to wait a year or two...
> or three or four...
>
> If you get some nice shots do you have a place to put them so others
> can see?
>
> I'm so envious! I'm happy for you!
> Lucky, lucky you! Enjoy!

Yep - two sets of NiMH batteries...but I want one more. Most of what I use
this for is work related (dumping a bunch of discontinued stuff on eBay) or
pics of the dogs. I really haven't got anyplace set up for posting pics,
since my personal website is at Geocities...rather limited in space. But
maybe someday I'll set something up from scratch.