Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Sudden IE6 problam......

Sudden IE6 problam......

Captain Dunsil

Win 98 IE6...2 computers on a router. Suddenly, on one of them, I can't do
anything on a web page until it is completely loaded. Other computer works
fine. Driving me nuts! Any ideas? TIA

Roy Jones

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:46:39 -0400, Captain Dunsil wrote:

> Win 98 IE6...2 computers on a router. Suddenly, on one of them, I can't do
> anything on a web page until it is completely loaded. Other computer works
> fine. Driving me nuts! Any ideas? TIA

Have you tried checking for malware on the computer with the problem?
Some spyware will bog down a PC when a page is loading because they're
"phoning home" to report on your browsing habits.

Get yourself a copy of AdAware or Spybot Search & Destroy and scan the box
for adware and spyware. A virus scan wouldn't be a bad idea while you're at
it.

A further suggestion...Stop using IE. Get a copy of Mozilla. It's not
perfect, but I think it's a damned sight better than IE. The built-in popup
blocker alone is reason to favor Mozilla over IE, because popups are
becoming a coommon route for spyware infections.

Roy