Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > why are my posts not showing up in the newsgroups but are still getting answered?

why are my posts not showing up in the newsgroups but are still getting answered?

Hugh Sutherland

why are my posts not showing up in the newsgroups but are still getting
answered?

Shane Matthews

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 16:06:09 -0400, "Hugh Sutherland"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>why are my posts not showing up in the newsgroups but are still getting
>answered?

It could be that your postings are showing up elsewhere before they do
on your local server. At the moment anything I post via Claranews is
taking 30 minutes to 1 hour to show up on the Claranews server but
they show up in 2-5 minutes on the Adelphia news server. Doesn't
really seem to make any sense but there you go.....................

Hamman

"Hugh Sutherland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ryhec.21712$(E-Mail Removed)...
> why are my posts not showing up in the newsgroups but are still getting
> answered?

like me, you have a crap news server

hamman

Hywel

In article <ryhec.21712$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> why are my posts not showing up in the newsgroups but are still getting
> answered?

Are all of your posts failing to be served to you? It's not unusual for
a news server to fail to return some of your own posts to you, or others
on your network. It would be strange if it was failing to serve any of
your posts to you, however.

Google Groups shows several posts from you, the most recent being one
about a screensaver (9 April) and on for internet properties (1 April).
Should there be any others?

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://kibo.org.uk/

Blinky the Shark

Hugh Sutherland wrote:

> why are my posts not showing up in the newsgroups but are still getting
> answered?

Because your posts are showing up in the newsgroups.

--
Blinky Linux RU 4892F
http://linuxnotjustforgeeks.org

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

Once upon a time, OK, it really happened on Sun, 11 Apr 2004 16:06:09
-0400, "Hugh Sutherland" <(E-Mail Removed)> claimed the following
truncated trash was the absolute, ****ing truth:

>why are my posts not showing up in the newsgroups but are still getting
>answered?

What posts?

Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor

MJP

"Hugh Sutherland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ryhec.21712$(E-Mail Removed)...
> why are my posts not showing up in the newsgroups but are still getting
> answered?

You have killfiled yourself !!!!!

Blinky the Shark

Hamman wrote:

> "Hugh Sutherland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ryhec.21712$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> why are my posts not showing up in the newsgroups but are still
>> getting answered?

> like me, you have a crap news server

So change it. What -- do they have photos of you naked with a fat
chick, that they'll publish if you get a good one?

Staying with a sucky server is like sitting on your own balls, crying
because it hurts.

--
Blinky Linux RU 4892F
http://linuxnotjustforgeeks.org
http://blinkynet.net
http://blinkynet.net/spag/w2000src.html - Win Source Code Leak

Toolman Tim

"MJP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c5cenn$5rmg$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> "Hugh Sutherland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ryhec.21712$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > why are my posts not showing up in the newsgroups but are still getting
> > answered?
> >

> You have killfiled yourself !!!!!

Sound like something I'D try <g>

Boomer

"Hamman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "Hugh Sutherland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ryhec.21712$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> why are my posts not showing up in the newsgroups but are still
>> getting answered?
>>

> like me, you have a crap news server
>
> hamman

You want just text or text and binaries?

Read through these groups.
alt.binaries.news-server-comparison I like Octanews for binaries.
And alt.free.newsservers

http://individual.net/ is free if all you want is a text server.
Read http://news.individual.net/faq.html