Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Pulling my hair out!!

Pulling my hair out!!

Gymfreakish

Greetings all
I have Windows XP and inadvertantly picked up a virus/worm? called projekt1
when I shutdown windows it says projekt1 program is running then I shutdown
from the option box.................have used AVG, Trendmicro house call and
Mcaffee, how do I get rid of this? oh and have used spybot and adaware.....
Any help will be thankfully recieved

peace
Jeff

---

Juan Pιrez

In news:fhNdc.9061$u%(E-Mail Removed),
Gymfreakish astounded everyone with this poetic cheek-streaker:
> Greetings all
> I have Windows XP and inadvertantly picked up a virus/worm? called
> projekt1 when I shutdown windows it says projekt1 program is running
> then I shutdown from the option box.................have used AVG,
> Trendmicro house call and Mcaffee, how do I get rid of this? oh and
> have used spybot and adaware..... Any help will be thankfully recieved
>
> peace
> Jeff

If it means 'project1' virus, it is a virus called w32.Sober@mm. You may
find help with removal here:
<http://megadirectory.ask.com/megadir...roject1%20Viru
s%20Info>

Paul - xxx

Gymfreakish posted ...

> Greetings all
> I have Windows XP and inadvertantly picked up a virus/worm? called
> projekt1 when I shutdown windows it says projekt1 program is running
> then I shutdown from the option box.................have used AVG,
> Trendmicro house call and Mcaffee, how do I get rid of this? oh and
> have used spybot and adaware..... Any help will be thankfully recieved

I can find little in AV databases, though I haven't searched too hard,
regarding projekt1. Are you sure it isn't something else, that isn't a
virus but is just a 'normal' program ? Many of the references I found were
related to Eastern European / Russian languages ...

Are there any problems with this running ?

Can you stop it running by removing it from start menu or registry ?

Are there any error messages associated with it ?

--
Paul

(8(|) Homer rocks ..

Dan Shackelford

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 19:22:45 +1200, Gymfreakish wrote:

> Greetings all
> I have Windows XP and inadvertantly picked up a virus/worm? called
> projekt1 when I shutdown windows it says projekt1 program is running then
> I shutdown from the option box.................have used AVG, Trendmicro
> house call and Mcaffee, how do I get rid of this? oh and have used spybot
> and adaware..... Any help will be thankfully recieved
>
> peace
> Jeff

You might want to look at:

http://www.newbie.org/help/messages/5473.html