Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Quick Book file access very very very slow

Thomas Reed

Ok here's the deal.....Peer to peer network, all on 100mps nics and
hub, windows xp is os. The quickbook files are sotred on one machine
and each of the other 3 run quickbook s and open these files. but the
problem is it i s very very slow for access on 2 of the other 3
machines. any ideas?

--Thomas Reed
Rocket Computers
(97745-2000 x207

PuddleNuts

Try giving Rocket Computers a call @ (97745-2000.

--
When you played in the sandbox as a kid, did cats keep trying to bury you?

Palindrome

PuddleNuts wrote:

> Thomas Reed wrote:

<snip of description of computer problem that no-one in the computer
profession
would regard as adequate>

>> --Thomas Reed
>> Rocket Computers (97745-2000 x207
>> (E-Mail Removed)

> Try giving Rocket Computers a call @ (97745-2000.

That was mean - they are probably still wondering why it is always
engaged...

PuddleNuts

Palindrome wrote:

> PuddleNuts wrote:
>
>> Thomas Reed wrote:

> <snip of description of computer problem that no-one in the computer
> profession
> would regard as adequate>
>

>>> --Thomas Reed
>>> Rocket Computers (97745-2000 x207
>>> (E-Mail Removed)

>> Try giving Rocket Computers a call @ (97745-2000.
>>

> That was mean - they are probably still wondering why it is always
> engaged...

bwaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah

LMAO

--
When you played in the sandbox as a kid, did cats keep trying to bury you?

why?

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 15:09:48 +0100, Palindrome wrote:

>PuddleNuts wrote:
>
>> Thomas Reed wrote:

><snip of description of computer problem that no-one in the computer
>profession
>would regard as adequate>
>>>

>>> --Thomas Reed
>>> Rocket Computers (97745-2000 x207
>>> (E-Mail Removed)

>> Try giving Rocket Computers a call @ (97745-2000.
>>

>That was mean - they are probably still wondering why it is always
>engaged...

Although quite funny.

http://www.rocketcomputers.com/
Improve Upon Everything You Touch

Our Mission
Provide the most comprehensive technology consulting through customized
computing solutions with unparalleled customer service and support while
reducing the risk of technological obsolescence.

Products
Rocket Computers Features a Full Line of Custom-Built Hardware Solutions
in Support of Your Mission Critical Applications.

As usual, DOCTYPE on the page so author 'pretends' to follow some sort
of standard then this happens.
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...2Fmainbody.htm
This page is not Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional!

Me

PuddleNuts

why? wrote:

> Although quite funny.
>
> http://www.rocketcomputers.com/
> Improve Upon Everything You Touch
>
> Our Mission
> Provide the most comprehensive technology consulting through customized
> computing solutions with unparalleled customer service and support while
> reducing the risk of technological obsolescence.
>
> Products
> Rocket Computers Features a Full Line of Custom-Built Hardware Solutions
> in Support of Your Mission Critical Applications.
>
> As usual, DOCTYPE on the page so author 'pretends' to follow some sort
> of standard then this happens.
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...2Fmainbody.htm
> This page is not Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional!
>
> Me

HAR HAR HAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bwaaaaaaaaahhahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

I don't mean to bust on the guy, but hey!

--

PuddleNuts <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<taydc.96$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Palindrome wrote:
>
> > PuddleNuts wrote:
> >
> >> Thomas Reed wrote:

> > <snip of description of computer problem that no-one in the computer
> > profession
> > would regard as adequate>

> >> Try giving Rocket Computers a call @ (97745-2000.
> >>

> > That was mean - they are probably still wondering why it is always
> > engaged...

> bwaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah
>
> LMAO

Ok I desevre all that..but still I have run into it about 10 times in
the past month with different setups and there seems to be no
explantion for it at all..

--Thomas Reed

Palindrome

Thomas Reed wrote:

> PuddleNuts <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<taydc.96$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>
>>Palindrome wrote:

>>><snip of description of computer problem that no-one in the computer
>>>profession
>>>would regard as adequate>

>>>That was mean - they are probably still wondering why it is always
>>>engaged...

>>bwaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah
>>
>>LMAO

> Ok I desevre all that..but still I have run into it about 10 times in
> the past month with different setups and there seems to be no
> explantion for it at all..
>
> --Thomas Reed

Well, give a more professional description of the problem and what you
have looked at. Delays are caused by resource limitations and you should
be able to identify which resource is the limiting factor. Changing
network protocols can often be illuminating if you think that data
transfer is the problem.