Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Duel boot system

Duel boot system

Andy

Hi,

How do you install a duel boot system on a PC I run win98 but want to also
run win 2000 do I have to create a new partition for the other operating
system?

Any help or advice appreciated

Thank you

°Mike°

Dual Booting Windows 2000 with other Operating Systems
http://www.labmice.net/Windows2000/install/dualboot.htm

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 20:41:30 GMT, in
<_Nidc.5777$(E-Mail Removed)>
Andy scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Sorry, that's the wrong url. Here's the correct one:
http://labmice.techtarget.com/window...l/dualboot.htm

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 21:48:04 +0100, in
<408cba7b.13690468@localhost>
°Mike° scrawled:

>Dual Booting Windows 2000 with other Operating Systems
>http://www.labmice.net/Windows2000/install/dualboot.htm

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Blinky the Shark

Andy wrote:

> How do you install a duel boot system on a PC I run win98 but want to also

Aren't duel boots what guys wear when they're about to turn and shoot
pistols at each other at 10 paces?

Hey, those would probably be dual boots, too, assuming each participant
is wearing two of them.

--
Blinky Linux RU 4892F
http://linuxnotjustforgeeks.org

Andy

> Sorry, that's the wrong url. Here's the correct one:
> http://labmice.techtarget.com/window...l/dualboot.htm
>

> On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 21:48:04 +0100, in
> <408cba7b.13690468@localhost>
> °Mike° scrawled:
>
> >Dual Booting Windows 2000 with other Operating Systems
> >http://www.labmice.net/Windows2000/install/dualboot.htm

> <snip>
>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance

Thanks Mike

°Mike°

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 21:10:24 GMT, in
<4djdc.5801$(E-Mail Removed)>
Andy scrawled:

>> Sorry, that's the wrong url. Here's the correct one:
>> http://labmice.techtarget.com/window...l/dualboot.htm

<snip>

>Thanks Mike

You're welcome.

--
Basic computer maintenance

PuddleNuts

Andy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How do you install a duel boot system on a PC I run win98 but want to also
> run win 2000 do I have to create a new partition for the other operating
> system?
>
> Any help or advice appreciated
>
> Thank you

We should just call this group 24hoursupportforandy.helpdesk or
andydoesnotknowhowtogoogle.helpdesk!

--
When you played in the sandbox as a kid, did cats keep trying to bury you?

Andy

"PuddleNuts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hHxdc.80$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andy wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > How do you install a duel boot system on a PC I run win98 but want to

also
> > run win 2000 do I have to create a new partition for the other operating
> > system?
> >
> > Any help or advice appreciated
> >
> > Thank you
> >

> We should just call this group 24hoursupportforandy.helpdesk or
> andydoesnotknowhowtogoogle.helpdesk!
>
> --
> When you played in the sandbox as a kid, did cats keep trying to bury you?

Good job the worlds not full of people like you PuddleNuts, at least Mike
pointed me in the right direction and didn't seem to mind

Maybe if you feel that strongly about offering help to others you had better
not be here anyway!!

Andy

> Sorry, that's the wrong url. Here's the correct one:
> http://labmice.techtarget.com/window...l/dualboot.htm
>

> On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 21:48:04 +0100, in
> <408cba7b.13690468@localhost>
> °Mike° scrawled:
>
> >Dual Booting Windows 2000 with other Operating Systems
> >http://www.labmice.net/Windows2000/install/dualboot.htm

> <snip>
>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance

Many thanks Mike that did the trick

PuddleNuts

Andy wrote:

> Good job the worlds not full of people like you PuddleNuts, at least Mike
> pointed me in the right direction and didn't seem to mind
>
> Maybe if you feel that strongly about offering help to others you had better
> not be here anyway!!

It just gets old seeing the same person over and over again looking for
the easy way out instead of opening a god-damn browser. You're taking
advantage, ****wit!

--
When you played in the sandbox as a kid, did cats keep trying to bury you?

Any recommendatoins for a Duel Boot system with Windows 64bit and =?Utf-8?B?Z29vZGxpZ2h0?= Windows 64bit 8 08-24-2005 05:00 PM
Duel boot Andy Computer Support 11 01-14-2005 04:24 AM
How to return to single boot from duel boot? justin tyme Computer Support 3 12-22-2004 03:39 AM
Duel boot issue: XP lost, only 98 justin tyme Computer Support 5 09-07-2003 03:00 AM
duel boot system menue greg Computer Support 3 07-11-2003 04:43 AM

Advertisments