Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Is SCSI faster than USB2?

Is SCSI faster than USB2?

John

I have PIV 2.6 GHZ running XP Home and need to speed up my film scanner

Jeroen Wijnands

John wrote:

> I have PIV 2.6 GHZ running XP Home and need to speed up my film scanner

Not necessarily faster but often more stable.

--
Groeten/Regards
Jeroen Wijnands

SgtMinor

John wrote:

> I have PIV 2.6 GHZ running XP Home and need to speed up my film scanner

http://www.a1-electronics.net/PcHard...nections.shtml

Your USB scanner is not likely to run as a SCSI device.

John

Its USB and SCSI switchable but actually only USB1 so it will run at 10x
data transfer rate on SCSI

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

http://www.a1-electronics.net/PcHard...nnections.shtm

> Your USB scanner is not likely to run as a SCSI device.

Isaac

"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:HZhdc.694$D%(E-Mail Removed):

> Its USB and SCSI switchable but actually only USB1 so it will run at
> 10x data transfer rate on SCSI
>

> "SgtMinor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> John wrote:
>> >
>> > I have PIV 2.6 GHZ running XP Home and need to speed up my film
>> > scanner

> http://www.a1-electronics.net/PcHard..._3/Connections
> .shtm l
>>
>> Your USB scanner is not likely to run as a SCSI device.

USB1 offers 11 Mbit/sec, which could give a datastream of about 1
Mbyte/sec, when you are lucky. SCSI comes in several tastes, from which the
oldest one (from the seventies of previous century) does 5 Mbyte/sec, and
the last (as far as I know) 80 Mbyte/sec. With a proper interface card it's
unlikely that the SCSI port is the bottleneck in scanning process.

Isaac