Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Ram & Safe mode

Ram & Safe mode

bcpc

Ever heard of getting booted out of regular mode windows and only being able
to go into safe mode untill you remove the sdram and reseat it? It happens
every 3-4 months and it is fine again for a while. Its an all in one cyrix
p3 600 on a via pleo1 motherboard. I have tryed using different ram and it
still has the same issue. Hardware test on motherboaard ok. Suggestions
would be appreciated. running win 98 !st. edition...

one_red_eye

"bcpc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Ever heard of getting booted out of regular mode windows and only being

able
> to go into safe mode untill you remove the sdram and reseat it? It happens
> every 3-4 months and it is fine again for a while. Its an all in one cyrix
> p3 600 on a via pleo1 motherboard. I have tryed using different ram and it
> still has the same issue. Hardware test on motherboaard ok. Suggestions
> would be appreciated. running win 98 !st. edition...

Upgrade.

anon

Sounds like a problem connection with a component in yr MB
Are you able to utilise a different slot?

"bcpc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Ever heard of getting booted out of regular mode windows and only being

able
> to go into safe mode untill you remove the sdram and reseat it? It happens
> every 3-4 months and it is fine again for a while. Its an all in one cyrix
> p3 600 on a via pleo1 motherboard. I have tryed using different ram and it
> still has the same issue. Hardware test on motherboaard ok. Suggestions
> would be appreciated. running win 98 !st. edition...

biteme

I'd bet it's the Cyrix processor. POS. Spend a couple of bucks on a new
processor. MBoards that support Cyrix usually support Intel & AMD too.

"bcpc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Ever heard of getting booted out of regular mode windows and only being

able
> to go into safe mode untill you remove the sdram and reseat it? It happens
> every 3-4 months and it is fine again for a while. Its an all in one cyrix
> p3 600 on a via pleo1 motherboard. I have tryed using different ram and it
> still has the same issue. Hardware test on motherboaard ok. Suggestions
> would be appreciated. running win 98 !st. edition...

Norton Antivirus 2005 will not scan in normal mode but will in safe mode Vic Computer Support 2 09-23-2005 07:39 PM
Re: Norton Antivirus 2005 will not scan in normal mode but will in safe mode Vic Computer Support 0 09-23-2005 04:50 PM
Safe mode Vs normal mode Echy Firefox 6 08-27-2005 07:56 PM
adware different in safe mode and normal mode?? Ladydeb Computer Support 0 09-24-2004 09:30 AM

Advertisments