Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Digital camera issue now...

Reply
Thread Tools

Digital camera issue now...

 
 
Mary
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2004
Grrrr....I am not sure what caused my Kodak EasyShare software to take a
crap on me. I have been using it for 1 1/2 yrs. now and I changed a few
things on my PC recently. When I first installed this software on my old PC,
with Win98, I had problems, but a reinstall fixed them. I also have like 4
other photo software, but none of them recognize my camera, only my scanner
and when I try to add my camera, it asks for the manufacturer disc, which I
put in and then it says it can't find squat. I will list the possible causes
and maybe someone will be able to help. I did try uninstalling,
reinstalling, repairing...to no avail. Here are the possibilities:

1. Changed ISP's-this new one has a Firewall (but so does XP Pro)
2. Installed SpyBot, SpyBlaster & HD Valet
3. Installed new Norton AntiVirus 2004

These are the only new things I've done. Now, when I try to run Kodak
EasyShare software, it is all blinky at the top & then stops responding. I
hate it when this stuff gets minds of it own and gets all ornery! Chaps my
hide!

All help is appreciated.
--
Mary

P.S. The camera is great...as for the software....it's for the lousy crows.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
-= Hawk =-
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2004
On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 00:08:37 -0500, "Mary" <(E-Mail Removed)>
scribbled:

>Grrrr....I am not sure what caused my Kodak EasyShare software to take a
>crap on me. I have been using it for 1 1/2 yrs. now and I changed a few
>things on my PC recently. When I first installed this software on my old PC,
>with Win98, I had problems, but a reinstall fixed them. I also have like 4
>other photo software, but none of them recognize my camera, only my scanner
>and when I try to add my camera, it asks for the manufacturer disc, which I
>put in and then it says it can't find squat. I will list the possible causes
>and maybe someone will be able to help. I did try uninstalling,
>reinstalling, repairing...to no avail. Here are the possibilities:
>
>1. Changed ISP's-this new one has a Firewall (but so does XP Pro)
>2. Installed SpyBot, SpyBlaster & HD Valet
>3. Installed new Norton AntiVirus 2004
>
>These are the only new things I've done. Now, when I try to run Kodak
>EasyShare software, it is all blinky at the top & then stops responding. I
>hate it when this stuff gets minds of it own and gets all ornery! Chaps my
>hide!
>
>All help is appreciated.


This is why I bought a USB card reader. I never have these problems.

--
'What Profiteth It A Kingdom If The Oxen Be Deflated?'
Riddles II, v3
- T. Pratchett
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mary
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2004
Well, that sure didn't help. However, I had thought about a card reader.
Also-I did uninstall Kodak EasyShare software and now, it asks which program
I wish to use. Still have to mess with it more and see which program will
actually let me get my pix off the camera. Thanks for your input...
--
Mary

"-= Hawk =-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cb47705ea8vjsvbm9ppnofhfuqrvh2rj5c@news-server...
> On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 00:08:37 -0500, "Mary" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> scribbled:
> <snip>
> This is why I bought a USB card reader. I never have these problems.
>
> --
> 'What Profiteth It A Kingdom If The Oxen Be Deflated?'
> Riddles II, v3
> - T. Pratchett



 
Reply With Quote
 
Mark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-07-2004
X-No-Archive: yes
"Mary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Grrrr....I am not sure what caused my Kodak EasyShare software to take a
> crap on me. I have been using it for 1 1/2 yrs. now and I changed a few
> things on my PC recently. When I first installed this software on my old

PC,
> with Win98, I had problems, but a reinstall fixed them. I also have like 4
> other photo software, but none of them recognize my camera, only my

scanner
> and when I try to add my camera, it asks for the manufacturer disc, which

I
> put in and then it says it can't find squat. I will list the possible

causes
> and maybe someone will be able to help. I did try uninstalling,
> reinstalling, repairing...to no avail. Here are the possibilities:
>
> 1. Changed ISP's-this new one has a Firewall (but so does XP Pro)
> 2. Installed SpyBot, SpyBlaster & HD Valet
> 3. Installed new Norton AntiVirus 2004
>
> These are the only new things I've done. Now, when I try to run Kodak
> EasyShare software, it is all blinky at the top & then stops responding. I
> hate it when this stuff gets minds of it own and gets all ornery! Chaps my
> hide!
>
> All help is appreciated.
> --
> Mary
>
> P.S. The camera is great...as for the software....it's for the lousy

crows.

Ask at rec.photo.digital?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Digital Camera review in Consumer Reports November issue Victek Digital Photography 1 10-01-2007 04:59 PM
Digital camera batteries, battery of digital camera and Camcorder shop online Royluo Digital Photography 0 07-28-2007 01:32 AM
Fastest 5 mp Digital Camera ? Fastest 4 mp Digital Camera? photoguysept102004@yahoo.com Digital Photography 6 10-28-2004 11:33 AM
Digital Video camera - zoom pics VS Digital photo camera - zoom pics. Hellenic Mensa Digital Photography 1 08-30-2004 03:44 PM
Digital camera issue... Mary Digital Photography 3 04-09-2004 02:55 AM



Advertisments