Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Seagate hard drive

Seagate hard drive

bardeban

I have a 10GB Seagate hard drive, 5400RPM ,ATA 100
My motherboard only supports UDMA33 or ATA 33.
When I boot the computer at DOS page under Secondary master I read UDMA 33
for CD-ROM which is good but for primary master it saysUDMA 82,10,101MB
which I can't say what it is? Is it because of ATA100 HD that my motherboard
does not support, I read THAT, or is there any other reasons?
In Seagate site there is discussion about TOGGLING ATA HDs to older
motherboards, is that what it is? what should I do to get a reading of
simple UDMA 33 for my PRIMARY MASTER HD?

why?

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 22:00:09 -0400, bardeban wrote:

A few days ago when you last asked the same question 'hushia' asked what
motherboard you have, you didn't answer.

It may help to give the hardrive model number as well.

>I have a 10GB Seagate hard drive, 5400RPM ,ATA 100
>My motherboard only supports UDMA33 or ATA 33.
>When I boot the computer at DOS page under Secondary master I read UDMA 33
>for CD-ROM which is good but for primary master it saysUDMA 82,10,101MB

<snip>

You could always buy an ATA 100 card.

Me

biteme

BIOS setting. Refer to motherboard\BIOS mfg. for manual\settings.
Or
Hard drive size barrier? Info link:

http://www.dewassoc.com/kbase/hard_d...e_barriers.htm

news:IgJcc.5213$(E-Mail Removed).. .