Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > password problems

password problems

salima scarr

Dear NTL
FOR SOME STRNGE REASON I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH OUTLOOK EXPRESS. AS SOON
ASI OPPEN IT, IT ASKS FOR MY PASSWORD AND DOES NOT ACCEPT IT AND I AM NOT
ABLE TO READ MY MAIL. MY PASSWORD IS THE SAMEONE THAT YOU GAVE ME.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT TO DO.
YOURS
SALIMA SCARR

hushia

DEAR SALIMA,

FOR SOME STRNGE REASON I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY MONITOR.
IT WILL NOT SHOW NORMAL CHARS ANYMORE. EVERYTHING IS CAPITALIZED.
THE ENORMOUS SCREAMING LETTERS JUST WON'T GO AWAY. THEY ARE DRIVING ME NUTS.
WHAT SHOULD I DO!?

"salima scarr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Z9Ecc.2223$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear NTL
> FOR SOME STRNGE REASON I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH OUTLOOK EXPRESS. AS SOON
> ASI OPPEN IT, IT ASKS FOR MY PASSWORD AND DOES NOT ACCEPT IT AND I AM NOT
> ABLE TO READ MY MAIL. MY PASSWORD IS THE SAMEONE THAT YOU GAVE ME.
> PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT TO DO.
> YOURS
> SALIMA SCARR

Hywel

In article <Z9Ecc.2223$(E-Mail Removed)>, c.scarr1
@ntlworld.com says...
> Dear NTL
> FOR SOME STRNGE REASON I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH OUTLOOK EXPRESS. AS SOON
> ASI OPPEN IT, IT ASKS FOR MY PASSWORD AND DOES NOT ACCEPT IT AND I AM NOT
> ABLE TO READ MY MAIL. MY PASSWORD IS THE SAMEONE THAT YOU GAVE ME.
> PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT TO DO.
> YOURS
> SALIMA SCARR

It's because you're typing everythingin capitals. Lowercase letters
have their place, you know?

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://kibo.org.uk/

Hamman

"salima scarr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Z9Ecc.2223$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear NTL
> FOR SOME STRNGE REASON I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH OUTLOOK EXPRESS. AS SOON
> ASI OPPEN IT, IT ASKS FOR MY PASSWORD AND DOES NOT ACCEPT IT AND I AM NOT
> ABLE TO READ MY MAIL. MY PASSWORD IS THE SAMEONE THAT YOU GAVE ME.
> PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT TO DO.
> YOURS
> SALIMA SCARR

please confirm:

1. your account number / name
2. your password
3. your credit card number and verification number

then we will be able to 'help' you

Palindrome

salima scarr wrote:

> Dear NTL
> FOR SOME STRNGE REASON I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH OUTLOOK EXPRESS. AS SOON
> ASI OPPEN IT, IT ASKS FOR MY PASSWORD AND DOES NOT ACCEPT IT AND I AM NOT
> ABLE TO READ MY MAIL. MY PASSWORD IS THE SAMEONE THAT YOU GAVE ME.
> PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT TO DO.
> YOURS
> SALIMA SCARR

Dear Salima Scarr,

Your password is s34524322. This has been encrypted for security
reasons and you will need to use the decryption tool incldued with your
CDROM, together with your password, in order to render it readable.

Yours,
April F'o'Olday

NOTE:
Messages to this premium rate support helpdesk are charged for at the
nominal rate of 0.5GBP per line (calculated by counting each uppercase
letter). As an organisation totally independent of NTL, we do greatly
value you contacting us in this matter and will be delighted to hear
from you further (nominal charges apply). Thank you also for agreeing
to having your house double-glazed by our sister organisation "Glas4U"
and your bathroom modernised by our brother organisation "Bras4U". I am
sure that you will look at things in a whole new light, once you have
your new Glas and Bras.

Bryan

Palindrome wrote:
> salima scarr wrote:
>
>> Dear NTL
>> FOR SOME STRNGE REASON I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH OUTLOOK EXPRESS. AS
>> SOON ASI OPPEN IT, IT ASKS FOR MY PASSWORD AND DOES NOT ACCEPT IT
>> AND I AM NOT ABLE TO READ MY MAIL. MY PASSWORD IS THE SAMEONE THAT
>> YOU GAVE ME. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT TO DO.
>> YOURS
>> SALIMA SCARR
>>

> Dear Salima Scarr,
>
> Your password is s34524322. This has been encrypted for security
> reasons and you will need to use the decryption tool incldued with
> your CDROM, together with your password, in order to render it
> readable.
>
> Yours,
> April F'o'Olday
>
> NOTE:
> Messages to this premium rate support helpdesk are charged for at the
> nominal rate of 0.5GBP per line (calculated by counting each uppercase
> letter). As an organisation totally independent of NTL, we do greatly
> value you contacting us in this matter and will be delighted to hear
> from you further (nominal charges apply). Thank you also for agreeing
> to having your house double-glazed by our sister organisation "Glas4U"
> and your bathroom modernised by our brother organisation "Bras4U". I
> am sure that you will look at things in a whole new light, once you
> have your new Glas and Bras.

Bloody Hell! I thought it was slumpy for a sec.