Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Book suggestions

Book suggestions

GriffithsJ

Hi

The decision has just been made that we're to migrate to .NET. We're
predominantly program using VB6 at the moment, so will (I assume) want to
know about things like ASP.Net, VB.Net, ADO.Net and anything to do with the
databases/web services.

What I would like from a book would be something that helped the novice but
also helped the expert - do such books exist? We're pretty "expert" with
VB6 but know nothing about .Net.

So, does anyone have any really good suggestions? Also, are there any other
areas within .Net that we should be reading up on?

Many thanks

Griff

Wayne Wengert

I find Francesco Balena's "Visual Basic.NET" (ISBN 0-7356-1375-3) a very
good resource for old VB6 people like me. It covers a lot - 1,500+ pages. I
also find myself using David Sceppa's "ADO.NET" (ISBN 0-7356-423-7) VERY
useful.

The change to .NET is a huge change. I'd bet you'll want several books on
the shelf to help.

HTH

Wayne

news:(E-Mail Removed)...