Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Auto Complete

Auto Complete

Si

Hi

my PC asking if I want to turn Auto Complete on when browsing the internet.
I've deliberately turned this off. Anyone know how to stop the irritating
box that keeps asking if I want to turn it on?

Your help is appreciated.

Si

°Mike°

Say "No" and it should stop asking.

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 18:00:49 +0100, in
<65Cbc.15611$(E-Mail Removed)>
Si scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Si

I do say 'No' but it keeps asking....

Thanks

Si

> Say "No" and it should stop asking.
>

> On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 18:00:49 +0100, in
> <65Cbc.15611$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Si scrawled:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >my PC asking if I want to turn Auto Complete on when browsing the

internet.
> >I've deliberately turned this off. Anyone know how to stop the irritating
> >box that keeps asking if I want to turn it on?
> >
> >Your help is appreciated.
> >
> >Si
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Since you didn't say how you went about this:

Tools / Internet Options / Content tab / Autocomplete.
Check/uncheck the options you wish.

Tools / Internet Options / Advanced tab ... Uncheck
'Use inline Autocomplete'.

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 15:50:15 +0100, in
<KgVbc.20148$(E-Mail Removed)>
Si scrawled: