Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > USB 2.0 Partitions

USB 2.0 Partitions

Bill

Hi,
I have connected WD usb 2.0 hdd to xp system. Setup 4 partitions and
everything went well ---except now I have a recycle bin in each
partition.Anything I add to my recycle bin on my desktop is also added to
the recycle bins in the other partitions and the when things are deleted on
the other partitions they show up in my recycle bin on desktop. Is there a
way for each partition to have own recycle bin? Thanx for any help.
Bill

pcbutts1

Right click on the recycle bin icon on your desktop and select properties.
The settings are in there.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I have connected WD usb 2.0 hdd to xp system. Setup 4 partitions and
> everything went well ---except now I have a recycle bin in each
> partition.Anything I add to my recycle bin on my desktop is also added to
> the recycle bins in the other partitions and the when things are deleted

on
> the other partitions they show up in my recycle bin on desktop. Is there a
> way for each partition to have own recycle bin? Thanx for any help.
> Bill

Bill

Thanx for quick reply. I changed recycle properties to configure drives
independently, but it hasn't changed the outcome. I can delete something on
desktop and even restore it back to desktop from another partition. Any
other ideas that might help?
Bill
news:rpobc.12172$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> Right click on the recycle bin icon on your desktop and select properties.
> The settings are in there.

> "Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> > I have connected WD usb 2.0 hdd to xp system. Setup 4 partitions and
> > everything went well ---except now I have a recycle bin in each
> > partition.Anything I add to my recycle bin on my desktop is also added

> > the recycle bins in the other partitions and the when things are deleted

> on
> > the other partitions they show up in my recycle bin on desktop. Is there

> > way for each partition to have own recycle bin? Thanx for any help.
> > Bill

Plato

Bill wrote:

> I have connected WD usb 2.0 hdd to xp system. Setup 4 partitions and
> everything went well ---except now I have a recycle bin in each
> partition.Anything I add to my recycle bin on my desktop is also added to

A feature of XP. Dont worry about it.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Bill

Hi Plato,
I figured it was a feature of XP, but I have the partitions set up for my
wife and kids, and I don't want to delete their stuff in the recycle bin or
vice versa. Is there a way to have separate recycle bins? Thanx again.

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:406e6982$0$6494$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bill wrote:
> >
> > I have connected WD usb 2.0 hdd to xp system. Setup 4 partitions and
> > everything went well ---except now I have a recycle bin in each
> > partition.Anything I add to my recycle bin on my desktop is also added

> A feature of XP. Dont worry about it.
>

> --
> http://www.bootdisk.com/

slumpy

Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, Bill postulated...

> Hi Plato,
> I figured it was a feature of XP, but I have the partitions set up
> for my wife and kids, and I don't want to delete their stuff in the
> recycle bin or vice versa. Is there a way to have separate recycle
> bins? Thanx again.

The recycle bin is NOT a storage device - unless you are testing something,
the recycle bin is for stuff /intended/ to be deleted. So why should you be
worried about deleting what is effectively already gone ?
--
slumpy
no more

Bill

Slumpy,
I simply want separate recycle bins for each partition as explained in
post. I don't know if this is possible or not. Is the way the recycle bin is
behaving on these partitions normal for XP?
Thanx

"slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c4n6nm$2jpift$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, Bill postulated...
>
> > Hi Plato,
> > I figured it was a feature of XP, but I have the partitions set up
> > for my wife and kids, and I don't want to delete their stuff in the
> > recycle bin or vice versa. Is there a way to have separate recycle
> > bins? Thanx again.

> The recycle bin is NOT a storage device - unless you are testing

something,
> the recycle bin is for stuff /intended/ to be deleted. So why should you

be
> worried about deleting what is effectively already gone ?
> --
> slumpy
> no more
> no less
> just me

slumpy

Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, Bill postulated...

> Slumpy,
> I simply want separate recycle bins for each partition as explained
> in post. I don't know if this is possible or not. Is the way the
> recycle bin is behaving on these partitions normal for XP?
> Thanx

That's how it works in 2k pro, kinda makes sense not to have to go through
endless partitions clearing each one out, but as for single bins for each
profile, I have no idea.
--
slumpy
no more