Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > FTP WS PROGRAMME

FTP WS PROGRAMME

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Hi,

I am using an old version of FTP programme supplied FREE by WS and want
to update it.

Is it possible or some one knows a better programme?

Rajinder

°Mike°

Try FileZilla
http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 18:58:49 +0100, in
<kRhbc.438$%m5.70@newsfe1-win>
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

why?

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 18:58:49 +0100, Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am using an old version of FTP programme supplied FREE by WS and want
>to update it.

How old a version? The last 1 I have is 5.08 2000.02.23

Not checked for an version for a while, but the link for the d/l page
is, http://www.ftpplanet.com/downloadLE.asp

>Is it possible or some one knows a better programme?

Better as in how? For a free program it's very good. Many are better /
have more / different features but you may end up paying for it.

Is there some problem / feature / something it doesn't do?

If you like it, you may consider buying the Pro version.
http://www.ipswitch.com/products/ws_ftp/index.html

For other shareware, freeware options try the list
http://tucows.blueyonder.co.uk/ftp95_default.html

This is meant to be quite good and it's free.
CoffeeCup Free FTP

Me

Steve

"Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:kRhbc.438$%m5.70@newsfe1-win...
> Hi,
>
> I am using an old version of FTP programme supplied FREE by WS and

want
> to update it.
>
> Is it possible or some one knows a better programme?
>
> Rajinder

If it does what you want it too why update ?

Professor

The same company has a delux version but it costs money after a trial period
and I don't think it is really that better.