Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > mprapi.dll --> samlib.dll --> ntdll.dll issue.

Reply
Thread Tools

mprapi.dll --> samlib.dll --> ntdll.dll issue.

 
 
Some1
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-02-2004
AGAIN!!!

Hi folks,

I'm sorry to come here again with the same issue that I thought was
over.

The computer: Compaq Presario 1200 mod 12XL201(laptop)
OS: Windows 98SE Spanish version

Background:
Clean system restore from Compaq original 2 CD set.
Installation of Linksys USB100TX usb to eternet adapter (updated
driver).
Installation of EnterNet PPPoE from Look Communications.
Installation of windows and IE updates, patches and fixes.
Software installation: Spybot Search and Destroy, Spyware Blaster,
AdAware, AVG antivirus, Qwik-Fix, Adobe Acrobat Reader, PowerPoint
Viewer. No Diskeeper light this time, though.

Every seemed to be OK until I uninstall Look Communications software
from the uninstall link in Look folder.

Symptoms:

Error MPRAPI.DLL not found.
I've installed Look Communications software again to see if the error is
fixed, to no avail. Then I've expanded System_Sav partition
D:\I386\mprapi.dl_ into C:\Windows\System\mprapi.dll
As Look software was not the solution, I've unistalled again.

Error SAMLIB.DLL not found. I've expanded System_sav partition
D:\I386\samlib.dl_ into C:\Windows\System\samlib.dll
Error "El archivo SAMLIB.DLL está
vinculado a un NTDLL.DLL:RtlFreeUnicodeString de exportación que no
existe" that translates to "The file SAMLIB.DLL is connected
with the missing one Export-NTDLL.DLL-RtlFreeUnicodeString"

I've got no clue to this problem. Could someone give me his/her kind
advice?

Thank you in advance.

Some1.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-02-2004
I have already told you what that error means. It
is telling you that you have the wrong version of
samlib.dll . I suggest you contact the vendors.


On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 10:57:05 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Some1 scrawled:

>AGAIN!!!
>
>Hi folks,
>
>I'm sorry to come here again with the same issue that I thought was
>over.
>
>The computer: Compaq Presario 1200 mod 12XL201(laptop)
>OS: Windows 98SE Spanish version
>
>Background:
>Clean system restore from Compaq original 2 CD set.
>Installation of Linksys USB100TX usb to eternet adapter (updated
>driver).
>Installation of EnterNet PPPoE from Look Communications.
>Installation of windows and IE updates, patches and fixes.
>Software installation: Spybot Search and Destroy, Spyware Blaster,
>AdAware, AVG antivirus, Qwik-Fix, Adobe Acrobat Reader, PowerPoint
>Viewer. No Diskeeper light this time, though.
>
>Every seemed to be OK until I uninstall Look Communications software
>from the uninstall link in Look folder.
>
>Symptoms:
>
>Error MPRAPI.DLL not found.
>I've installed Look Communications software again to see if the error is
>fixed, to no avail. Then I've expanded System_Sav partition
>D:\I386\mprapi.dl_ into C:\Windows\System\mprapi.dll
>As Look software was not the solution, I've unistalled again.
>
>Error SAMLIB.DLL not found. I've expanded System_sav partition
>D:\I386\samlib.dl_ into C:\Windows\System\samlib.dll
>Error "El archivo SAMLIB.DLL está
>vinculado a un NTDLL.DLL:RtlFreeUnicodeString de exportación que no
>existe" that translates to "The file SAMLIB.DLL is connected
> with the missing one Export-NTDLL.DLL-RtlFreeUnicodeString"
>
>I've got no clue to this problem. Could someone give me his/her kind
>advice?
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Some1.
>


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Some1
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-02-2004

"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
news:406fab55.2349390@localhost...
> I have already told you what that error means. It
> is telling you that you have the wrong version of
> samlib.dll . I suggest you contact the vendors.
>
>


Thank you for your suggestion. I've noticed that the version of the
dll's are not matching, but I can't solve it. The problem begins when
the unistallation of EnterNet PPPoE finishes.
Trying to match versions of dll's was tried several times, with several
versions. Always appears an Error Message.
Which vendor do you suggest to call? EnterNet provider?

Some1.


 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-02-2004
On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 13:45:35 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Some1 scrawled:

>
>"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
>news:406fab55.2349390@localhost...
>> I have already told you what that error means. It
>> is telling you that you have the wrong version of
>> samlib.dll . I suggest you contact the vendors.
>>
>>

>
>Thank you for your suggestion. I've noticed that the version of the
>dll's are not matching, but I can't solve it. The problem begins when
>the unistallation of EnterNet PPPoE finishes.
>Trying to match versions of dll's was tried several times, with several
>versions. Always appears an Error Message.
>Which vendor do you suggest to call? EnterNet provider?
>
>Some1.


The vendors of the hardware/software that is trying
to install the wrong version -- I don't have access to
your system, that's your department.

--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
Some1
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-05-2004

"Some1" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> AGAIN!!!
>
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm sorry to come here again with the same issue that I thought was
> over.
>
> The computer: Compaq Presario 1200 mod 12XL201(laptop)
> OS: Windows 98SE Spanish version
>
> Background:
> Clean system restore from Compaq original 2 CD set.
> Installation of Linksys USB100TX usb to eternet adapter (updated
> driver).
> Installation of EnterNet PPPoE from Look Communications.
> Installation of windows and IE updates, patches and fixes.
> Software installation: Spybot Search and Destroy, Spyware Blaster,
> AdAware, AVG antivirus, Qwik-Fix, Adobe Acrobat Reader, PowerPoint
> Viewer. No Diskeeper light this time, though.
>
> Every seemed to be OK until I uninstall Look Communications software
> from the uninstall link in Look folder.
>
> Symptoms:
>
> Error MPRAPI.DLL not found.
> I've installed Look Communications software again to see if the error

is
> fixed, to no avail. Then I've expanded System_Sav partition
> D:\I386\mprapi.dl_ into C:\Windows\System\mprapi.dll
> As Look software was not the solution, I've unistalled again.
>
> Error SAMLIB.DLL not found. I've expanded System_sav partition
> D:\I386\samlib.dl_ into C:\Windows\System\samlib.dll
> Error "El archivo SAMLIB.DLL está
> vinculado a un NTDLL.DLL:RtlFreeUnicodeString de exportación que no
> existe" that translates to "The file SAMLIB.DLL is connected
> with the missing one Export-NTDLL.DLL-RtlFreeUnicodeString"
>
> I've got no clue to this problem. Could someone give me his/her kind
> advice?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Some1.
>


Ok. Ashamed to say so, but I gave up.

My solution: Clean Restore from the 2 CD set from Compaq. Installation
of Linksys adapter driver and EnterNet PPPoE to download updates and
needed software quicker.
Did not uninstall Linksys adapter driver nor EnterNet PPPoE.
Installation of Dial-up connection and account, and set this as default
(as this will be the only means of connecting to internet from now on).
Everything seems to work ok now.

Some1.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Advertisments