Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Media Player "skips"

Windows Media Player "skips"

Kiddie Grinder

This problem with WMP9 started a couple of months ago...

When music or a video is playing, it gets stuck for a couple of seconds, and
the visualizations also hang for a few seconds. It's like the old LP's when
they would hit a bad spot and suddenly skip on to the next words; WMP9 hangs
for a couple of seconds, then recovers and continues playing the song,
video, etc.

I've tried reinstalling WMP9-- didn't help. Even after reformatting the
hard drive and updating to version 9, it STILL hangs when playing.

Anyone ever encountered this problem?

rnd

Use something else to play your media files...

"Kiddie Grinder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ltdbc.12707$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> This problem with WMP9 started a couple of months ago...
>
> When music or a video is playing, it gets stuck for a couple of seconds,

and
> the visualizations also hang for a few seconds. It's like the old LP's

when
> they would hit a bad spot and suddenly skip on to the next words; WMP9

hangs
> for a couple of seconds, then recovers and continues playing the song,
> video, etc.
>
> I've tried reinstalling WMP9-- didn't help. Even after reformatting the
> hard drive and updating to version 9, it STILL hangs when playing.
>
> Anyone ever encountered this problem?

Norm

"Kiddie Grinder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ltdbc.12707$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> This problem with WMP9 started a couple of months ago...
>
> When music or a video is playing, it gets stuck for a couple of seconds,

and
> the visualizations also hang for a few seconds. It's like the old LP's

when
> they would hit a bad spot and suddenly skip on to the next words; WMP9

hangs
> for a couple of seconds, then recovers and continues playing the song,
> video, etc.
>
> I've tried reinstalling WMP9-- didn't help. Even after reformatting the
> hard drive and updating to version 9, it STILL hangs when playing.
>
> Anyone ever encountered this problem?

The problem is your CPU.

See what other applications are running at the same time. WMP9 is a
resource hog.

You have 3 options to solve this problem.

1. Get a faster CPU

2. Stop all uneeded processes when using WMP9

3. Stop using WMP9 and get another player.

Norm