Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > windows xp dial up networking/internet connection sharing how to remove?

windows xp dial up networking/internet connection sharing how to remove?

boon

Hi,

Does windows xp install dial up networking by default, as in windows 98. If
so, how can i remove this (the whole component), as I use a cable modem via
NIC.?

Also how do you remove Internet Connection Sharing (the whole component)

Thanks for any help

chris

Remove ICS; to do so, follow these steps:
1.. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2.. Double-click Add/Remove Programs, and then click the Windows Setup
tab.
3.. Click Internet Tools, and then click Details.
4.. Click to clear the ICS check box, and then click OK.

As for using your Cable modem that should not be a prob with it seeing your
Nic card as long as you have a connection you in good hands.

Rizo

news:zb0bc.410$(E-Mail Removed)...