Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Recording Question

Recording Question

JM

Hi there ...

Is there a utility, program or add on I could download that will allow me to
record a phonecall on my computer?

If anyone has information on this, I would appreciate it.

Thank You

JM

chris

Here you go

http://www.dynametric.com/call_saver.asp

Rizo
"JM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qbQac.326$(E-Mail Removed) ogers.com...
> Hi there ...
>
> Is there a utility, program or add on I could download that will allow me

> record a phonecall on my computer?
>
> If anyone has information on this, I would appreciate it.
>
> Thank You
>
> JM

Ionizer

"JM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qbQac.326$(E-Mail Removed) ogers.com...
> Hi there ...
>
> Is there a utility, program or add on I could download that will allow me

> record a phonecall on my computer?
>
> If anyone has information on this, I would appreciate it.

I have no doubt the solution offered by "chris" would work, but there is a
cheaper way to go. At your local Radio Shack or electronics accessories
store, you'll find a little gadget which will connect to your microphone
jack at one end, with a small suction cup at the other end to stick to your
phone. They cost a couple of dollars at most, and were designed to enable
you to record phone conversations to a tape deck. If you plug the jack into
your computer though, you can use the built-in Windows Sound Recorder to
record the microphone input.

Windows Sound Recorder limits you to 60 seconds of recording, and stores the
audio in wav format. To record longer conversations, the freeware CDex
http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/ *may* be an option. I have used CDex to
record from the line-in of my sound card but I don't know if it will record
from the microphone jack, or if connecting a microphone to line-in will
work. My experiences with recording from microphone input have all involved
Cool Edit Pro which is not freeware.

Hope that helps a bit,
Ian.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=B0Mike=B0=22?=

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 08:14:14 GMT, "JM" <(E-Mail Removed)>,wrote:

>Hi there ...
>
>Is there a utility, program or add on I could download that will allow me to
>record a phonecall on my computer?
>
>If anyone has information on this, I would appreciate it.
>
>Thank You
>
>JM

Yes there is.

VooDoo

What an idiot!

°Mike° wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 08:14:14 GMT, "JM" <(E-Mail Removed)>,wrote:
>

>>Hi there ...
>>
>>Is there a utility, program or add on I could download that will allow me to
>>record a phonecall on my computer?
>>
>>If anyone has information on this, I would appreciate it.
>>
>>Thank You
>>
>>JM
>>

> Yes there is.

Ruth

Try http://www.retellrecorders.com/support/downloads.htm ,
http://www.retellrecorders.com/recording/pc/957pro.htm they have a whole
section on the subject
Ruth

news:c4goq6$2htlmj$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...