Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I stop Computer from connectingnternet

How do I stop Computer from connectingnternet

Cheswick

If I leave my computer on it will automatically connect to internet. I
can't find the program that's doing it. I check Outlook express and it is
setup right. It simply connects, and of course ties up the phone.

I put this out and for some reason never saw it come up on the News?

Thanks for any help CLF

°Mike°

Do you have a firewall installed?

Have you checked all of your applications that need
updates -- they may be trying to auto-update; the
same goes for Windows Update. Also, check your
task scheduler.

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 16:37:05 GMT, in
<Xns94A57632ADDB1DammSpamcforceatlant@207.106.93.1 50>
Cheswick scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Rifleman

"Cheswick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns94A57632ADDB1DammSpamcforceatlant@207.106. 93.150...
> If I leave my computer on it will automatically connect to internet. I
> can't find the program that's doing it. I check Outlook express and it is
> setup right. It simply connects, and of course ties up the phone.
>
> I put this out and for some reason never saw it come up on the News?
>
> Thanks for any help CLF

in addition to what Mike said, check your clock is not set to synchronise
with an internet clock - XP default is ON for this one.