Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: distributing programs on server

Re: distributing programs on server

Brendan Duffy

Have you looked at the "No-Touch Deployment" ? See "Deploying .NET
Framework-Based Applications" in the MSDN. You may also be interested in
looking at the "Updater Application Block" in "MSDN Patterns and Practices"

Brendan

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ml/updater.asp
"Lucas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:05f201c34619$b806b580$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is the best way to distribute a program on a server.
> We have over 400 employee's so installing the software on
> everyone's machine isn't very feasible, especially since
> we upgrade the program about once or twice a month.
>
> Right now when we just copy the executable to the server,
> but to update an application on the server we have to kick
> everybody out of the program through the Administrative
> Tools->Computer Management->Shared Folders->Open Files,
> and we have to close all of the open files, one at a time,
> before updating the program.
>
> Is there a simpler way to do this? Or can a tool be
> created to connect to the server and close all of the open
> files for a certain program, and if so what library do I
> need to look at to implement this?
>
> Thanks,
> Lucas

Distributing programs depending on third party modules. Tina I Python 11 05-17-2007 05:24 AM
Distributing programs Jason Python 6 10-04-2005 05:33 PM
Distributing Python programs NEWS Python 5 01-29-2004 09:28 AM
Re: distributing programs on server Merlin ASP .Net 0 07-10-2003 11:20 PM
Re: distributing programs on server Merlin ASP .Net 0 07-10-2003 11:01 PM

Advertisments