Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > emailing photos

emailing photos

Laurie Selwyn

Does anyone have an idea as to why my mother can sometimes view & print a photo emailed in the body of the email in .jpg while at other times a picture sent to her in the exact same manner, format (.jpg) & style (in the body of the email via the insert picture command) is received by her as an empty small square (she calls it an empty box)? Her computer is an older Mac with NETSCAPE and she cannot open attachments -- not even in .jpg. To add to the puzzle, of those photos she can view fewer than half will print out when she gives her computer a print command. Email procedure is always the same: I open a blank email template, go to INSERT PICTURE, select the .jpg photo or image & insert it into the body of the email template, and send it with the HTML setting. Right now we're averaging just under a 50% success rate.

Thanks.

°Mike°

Please turn off the HTML. You are not sending HTML email
to your mother -- this is a text only newsgroup.

Don't send the jpgs in HTML. Send them as an attachment.

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 15:24:08 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Laurie Selwyn scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Sultan

May I suggest trying Ofoto.com and make life easier on everyone? It is a
free service, they make the money from users ordering prints of their
pictures.

Sultan