Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Drive Spindown Application

Reply
Thread Tools

Drive Spindown Application

 
 
Hamman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-06-2004
Heres a nice simple one for you guys.

I'm after a program which will spin down a selected IDE / PATA hard disk.
Any other 'bonus features' such as temp / SMART monitoring would be good as
well.

Hamman


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Spider
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-06-2004
Hamman wrote:

> Heres a nice simple one for you guys.
>
> I'm after a program which will spin down a selected IDE / PATA hard disk.
> Any other 'bonus features' such as temp / SMART monitoring would be good as
> well.
>
> Hamman
>
>


If it's so simple, why are we reading this?

--


Spider
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1/spiderweb1.htm
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Hamman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-06-2004

"Spider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hamman wrote:
>
> > Heres a nice simple one for you guys.
> >
> > I'm after a program which will spin down a selected IDE / PATA hard

disk.
> > Any other 'bonus features' such as temp / SMART monitoring would be good

as
> > well.
> >
> > Hamman
> >
> >

>
> If it's so simple, why are we reading this?
>

Because its simple if you have the app which i need already dumbass!


 
Reply With Quote
 
John Holmes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-06-2004
Hamman came up with this:

>
> "Spider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hamman wrote:
>>
>> > Heres a nice simple one for you guys.
>> >
>> > I'm after a program which will spin down a selected IDE / PATA hard

> disk.
>> > Any other 'bonus features' such as temp / SMART monitoring would be
>> > good

> as
>> > well.
>> >
>> > Hamman
>> >
>> >

>>
>> If it's so simple, why are we reading this?
>>

> Because its simple if you have the app which i need already dumbass!
>
>
>


If you start calling a reg "dumbass" the replies to your poast will be
reduced to:

**** OFF!

from now on.

--
-John Holmes-












 
Reply With Quote
 
pcbutts1
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-06-2004
**** off!

--


The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com



"Hamman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Spider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hamman wrote:
> >
> > > Heres a nice simple one for you guys.
> > >
> > > I'm after a program which will spin down a selected IDE / PATA hard

> disk.
> > > Any other 'bonus features' such as temp / SMART monitoring would be

good
> as
> > > well.
> > >
> > > Hamman
> > >
> > >

> >
> > If it's so simple, why are we reading this?
> >

> Because its simple if you have the app which i need already dumbass!
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Alexander Rogge
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-06-2004
> Heres a nice simple one for you guys.
> I'm after a program which will spin down a selected IDE / PATA hard disk.


http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl8_hdparm.htm

> Any other 'bonus features' such as temp / SMART monitoring would be good as
> well.


http://freshmeat.net/projects/ide-smart
 
Reply With Quote
 
Hamman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-06-2004

"Alexander Rogge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:404a3fec$0$3093$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Heres a nice simple one for you guys.
> > I'm after a program which will spin down a selected IDE / PATA hard

disk.
>
> http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl8_hdparm.htm
>
> > Any other 'bonus features' such as temp / SMART monitoring would be good

as
> > well.

>
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/ide-smart


yeah, those came up on google. The problem there is that the machine is
running Server 2003 Web Edition and not a unix/linux based system.

thanks anyway

hamman


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Server.Mappath returns path on local drive instead of server drive? (ASP.NET) Jon ASP .Net 5 01-17-2010 04:27 PM
making a new drive the boot drive in a 2 hard drive system hi2u Computer Support 3 07-30-2007 08:45 PM
how to check whether a drive is a network drive or drive from attached hard-disk shailesh Python 1 03-28-2007 12:57 PM
Slave Drive converted to a Master Drive Dennis Richards Microsoft Certification 1 07-29-2004 04:24 PM
Moving Mozilla files from old hard drive to new hard drive Nate Firefox 1 02-21-2004 09:09 PM



Advertisments