Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Unable to use IE

Unable to use IE

eugene

Please somebody be able to help me. Everything was going okay this morning
until I had a sudden freeze (I presume I picked something up). Ever since, I
cannot get my IE to open. As a matter of fact, anything I try to do seems to
be unable to complete the task. eg I tried to reset my IE to default and
when I press enter, there is no response. Same thing when I try to set my
default start-up settings. I have run two different Virus scans and nothing
is showing up. Can anybody give me any advice (if this post is delivered)
Eugene

--
I'm a failed Christian and if I'm goin' to Hell
There's one thing for sure, you're gonna be there as well!

( Henry McCullough)

Spider

eugene wrote:
> Please somebody be able to help me. Everything was going okay this morning
> until I had a sudden freeze (I presume I picked something up). Ever since, I
> cannot get my IE to open. As a matter of fact, anything I try to do seems to
> be unable to complete the task. eg I tried to reset my IE to default and
> when I press enter, there is no response. Same thing when I try to set my
> default start-up settings. I have run two different Virus scans and nothing
> is showing up. Can anybody give me any advice (if this post is delivered)
> Eugene

Go to www.spywareinfo.com and read a little bit. You will find the tools
necessary to scan and eliminate spyware. I recommend running both
Ad-aware and Spybot, along with Hijack This, and CW Shredder. In your
particular case, when running Hijack This pay attention to the 02 BHO's.
Removing them will probably fix your IE problem. Then install Spyware
Blaster and Spy Guard. Most people won't take the time to READ about all
of these tools before using them, but one really should do so.

--

Spider
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1/spiderweb1.htm

°Mike°

Start here: Basic computer maintenance

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/
http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
SpyBot S&D guide

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
http://www.lavasoft.nu/

Spyware Blaster
http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html

CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html

If merijn.org is out of action, you can get new update
from one of the links below:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?H24932667
http://www.zerosrealm.com/downloads/CWShredder.zip
http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/cwshred15.zip
http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads...CWShredder.exe

Online Antivirus scanners:
================
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See ****]
http://www.drweb-online.com/en/online_check.asp

**** Caveat:
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archiv...3-07/0240.html

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 14:50:30 +0000 (UTC), in
<c2cofm$7fb$(E-Mail Removed)>
eugene scrawled:

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD