Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > sales persons

sales persons

mmcpherson0563

Otherwise known as scum;a joke, why is it they will not talk in terms the
average person can understand?
I was trying to buy a new board and CPU and 500meg + of ram memory This
sales man, after I talk him down $200 he tells me I will need a new power
supply and of course they have 1 in stock The PC I have now is P!!! and he
was telling me that a power supply for a P!!! 3 will not power the new P4
CPu's.So was he telling me the truth or just pulling my leg?
thanks

Bill Yerkes

300 watts should do you. There should be a label on your current power
supply indicating the wattage.

You can get a 400 watt power supply (if you have to buy one, get one with
extra juice) by mail for under $30. Check www.pricewatch.com

"mmcpherson0563" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:l9f2c.102337$(E-Mail Removed). cable.rogers.com...
> Otherwise known as scum;a joke, why is it they will not talk in terms the
> average person can understand?
> I was trying to buy a new board and CPU and 500meg + of ram memory This
> sales man, after I talk him down $200 he tells me I will need a new power
> supply and of course they have 1 in stock The PC I have now is P!!! and

he
> was telling me that a power supply for a P!!! 3 will not power the new P4
> CPu's.So was he telling me the truth or just pulling my leg?
> thanks

Billh

My understanding is the salesman is right.