Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AMD XP Barton

AMD XP Barton

stumpy

MB ECS K7VTA V6
AMD Barton 2600

Just completed building this unit - all OK except I cannot
figure out how to increase my processing speed.
Currently running 1150mz.
What is the section of the BIOS that I go to in order to
set higher processor speed and how do I change it.
Thought I was fairly experienced with ECS and the BIOS
but this one is different than nay other I have worked.

ICee

stumpy wrote:
> MB ECS K7VTA V6
> AMD Barton 2600
>
> Just completed building this unit - all OK except I cannot
> figure out how to increase my processing speed.
> Currently running 1150mz.
> What is the section of the BIOS that I go to in order to
> set higher processor speed and how do I change it.
> Thought I was fairly experienced with ECS and the BIOS
> but this one is different than nay other I have worked.

If you are referring to the ECS K7VTA3 V6.0, check page nine of the
manual. You have to set jumpers for the proper FSB, which is 166 MHz
for the 2600.
JP2 and JP3 must be jumpered to pins 2 and 3.

stumpy

ICee: Damn, Damn!! You are gooood!

Thank you for your prompt and courteous response.
What is it they say about RTFM!
Thank you again.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

stumpy wrote:
> ICee: Damn, Damn!! You are gooood!
>
> Thank you for your prompt and courteous response.
> What is it they say about RTFM!
> Thank you again.

You're welcome.

> "ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> stumpy wrote:
>>> MB ECS K7VTA V6
>>> AMD Barton 2600
>>>
>>> Just completed building this unit - all OK except I cannot
>>> figure out how to increase my processing speed.
>>> Currently running 1150mz.
>>> What is the section of the BIOS that I go to in order to
>>> set higher processor speed and how do I change it.
>>> Thought I was fairly experienced with ECS and the BIOS
>>> but this one is different than nay other I have worked.

>> If you are referring to the ECS K7VTA3 V6.0, check page nine of the
>> manual. You have to set jumpers for the proper FSB, which is 166 MHz
>> for the 2600.
>> JP2 and JP3 must be jumpered to pins 2 and 3.

^^artnada^^

ICee wrote:
|| stumpy wrote:
||| ICee: Damn, Damn!! You are gooood!
||| Thank you for your prompt and courteous response.
||| What is it they say about RTFM!
||| Thank you again.
|| You're welcome.
||| "ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
||| news:(E-Mail Removed)...

....and next time RTFM

netOBSESSIVE

^^artnada^^ wrote: