Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Mouse pointer disappears

Reply
Thread Tools

Mouse pointer disappears

 
 
news.demon.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-05-2004
My mouse pointer (arrow) disappears off the screen when you move the mouse,
although it still works, you have to guess where it is!

It happens in programs such as Excel, word etc.

PC - Win2K - Duron 900 - 128Mb RAM - 40 Gb HDD

Any ideas???



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Avengerę
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-05-2004
On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 10:35:59 -0000, "news.demon.co.uk"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<snip>

> you have to guess where it is!


Hmmmm, how's about in your (nope won't say it).
--
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
"Put the CAT out to reply"
*I DETEST Spam - A Spam hater since 1951*
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
news.demon.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-05-2004
hmmmmm, I can guess where your suggesting, but I've already looked this
morning!



"Avengerę" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 10:35:59 -0000, "news.demon.co.uk"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > you have to guess where it is!

>
> Hmmmm, how's about in your (nope won't say it).
> --
> (E-Mail Removed)
> "Put the CAT out to reply"
> *I DETEST Spam - A Spam hater since 1951*



 
Reply With Quote
 
Meat-->Plow
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-05-2004
On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 10:35:59 -0000, "news.demon.co.uk" <(E-Mail Removed)>,wrote:

>My mouse pointer (arrow) disappears off the screen when you move the mouse,
>although it still works, you have to guess where it is!
>
>It happens in programs such as Excel, word etc.
>
>PC - Win2K - Duron 900 - 128Mb RAM - 40 Gb HDD
>
>Any ideas???
>
>


Have "Hide while typing" enabled in the mouse properties?
 
Reply With Quote
 
news.demon.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-05-2004
I will have a look, it's on a pc within my company network. Thanks for the
idea though. I'll let you know how i get on...........

Thanks

"Meat-->Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c29m3q$aq2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 10:35:59 -0000, "news.demon.co.uk"

<(E-Mail Removed)>,wrote:
>
> >My mouse pointer (arrow) disappears off the screen when you move the

mouse,
> >although it still works, you have to guess where it is!
> >
> >It happens in programs such as Excel, word etc.
> >
> >PC - Win2K - Duron 900 - 128Mb RAM - 40 Gb HDD
> >
> >Any ideas???
> >
> >

>
> Have "Hide while typing" enabled in the mouse properties?



 
Reply With Quote
 
news.demon.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-05-2004
I have checked the 'hide when typing option' and that is not selected, even
when you are not typing, the mouse pointer is not visible.


"news.demon.co.uk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c29mmo$2c8$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I will have a look, it's on a pc within my company network. Thanks for

the
> idea though. I'll let you know how i get on...........
>
> Thanks
>
> "Meat-->Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c29m3q$aq2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 10:35:59 -0000, "news.demon.co.uk"

> <(E-Mail Removed)>,wrote:
> >
> > >My mouse pointer (arrow) disappears off the screen when you move the

> mouse,
> > >although it still works, you have to guess where it is!
> > >
> > >It happens in programs such as Excel, word etc.
> > >
> > >PC - Win2K - Duron 900 - 128Mb RAM - 40 Gb HDD
> > >
> > >Any ideas???
> > >
> > >

> >
> > Have "Hide while typing" enabled in the mouse properties?

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Meat-->Plow
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-05-2004
On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 11:12:16 -0000, "news.demon.co.uk" <(E-Mail Removed)>,wrote:

>I have checked the 'hide when typing option' and that is not selected, even
>when you are not typing, the mouse pointer is not visible.




Maybe a driver conflict. I had an old Hecules video card that interfered with
the cursor. Maybe a driver upgrade for the mouse and or video.
 
Reply With Quote
 
news.demon.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-05-2004
Thanks for your help, I will look at updating the drivers....



Thanks again
"Meat-->Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c29oai$aq2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 11:12:16 -0000, "news.demon.co.uk"

<(E-Mail Removed)>,wrote:
>
> >I have checked the 'hide when typing option' and that is not selected,

even
> >when you are not typing, the mouse pointer is not visible.

>
>
>
> Maybe a driver conflict. I had an old Hecules video card that interfered

with
> the cursor. Maybe a driver upgrade for the mouse and or video.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heres a mouse theres a mouse what a mouse do? unholy Gaming 37 09-17-2006 08:59 AM
firefox buggy textarea - the pointer disappears libsfan01 Javascript 1 08-30-2006 12:17 PM
passing the address of a pointer to a func that doesnt recieve a pointer-to-a-pointer jimjim C Programming 16 03-27-2006 11:03 PM
Change of mouse pointer is only visible if I move the mouse Stefan Mueller Javascript 0 01-28-2006 06:41 PM
Pointer-to-pointer-to-pointer question masood.iqbal@lycos.com C Programming 10 02-04-2005 02:57 AM



Advertisments