Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > WinXP Pro: Internet Explorer shortcut hijacked?

WinXP Pro: Internet Explorer shortcut hijacked?

Daniel

Every time I start IE I get a pop-up window. This is not when I go to my
home page but only on launching a browser from the icon or start menue.
CTRL+N doesn't cause this. Any ideas why? Any icon/start menue/quick
launch does this. Its always the same size window for some ad, & also there
is nothing special about my start page (in IE options) or the properties of
the icons.

There are 10 types of people in this world...
....those who understand binary & those who dont.

Ron Martell

"Daniel" <daniel_h_wATyyahooDOTccom> wrote:

>Every time I start IE I get a pop-up window. This is not when I go to my
>home page but only on launching a browser from the icon or start menue.
>CTRL+N doesn't cause this. Any ideas why? Any icon/start menue/quick
>launch does this. Its always the same size window for some ad, & also there
>is nothing special about my start page (in IE options) or the properties of
>the icons.
>
>--

Check for Spyware. Download, install, update and run AdAware (free)
from www.lavasoft.de

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--