Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > associate

associate

Bob B

Like a fool I have associated .gif files with 'quick time'. What is the
normal default programme used with this file. Bob

Dr. Bill

Bob B wrote:
> Like a fool I have associated .gif files with 'quick time'. What is
> the normal default programme used with this file. Bob

In XP, like you apparantly use, you can choose IE (viewing) or even Paint
(no animated gif's)
The windows standard tools are very minimal, so get yourself a fine free
photo viewer / editor /enhancer / converter on:
http://www.irfanview.com/

Bob B

"Dr. Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40477b9a$0$3894$(E-Mail Removed). nl...
> Bob B wrote:
> > Like a fool I have associated .gif files with 'quick time'. What is
> > the normal default programme used with this file. Bob

> In XP, like you apparantly use, you can choose IE (viewing) or even Paint
> (no animated gif's)
> The windows standard tools are very minimal, so get yourself a fine free
> photo viewer / editor /enhancer / converter on:
> http://www.irfanview.com/

Sorry!!! Should have pointed out I have 98SE OS. Bob

Plato

Bob B wrote:

> Like a fool I have associated .gif files with 'quick time'. What is the
> normal default programme used with this file. Bob

One can associate .gifs with any picture viewer. Lots of folks just use
IE tho.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Bob B

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:404783da$0$39359$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bob B wrote:
> >
> > Like a fool I have associated .gif files with 'quick time'. What is the
> > normal default programme used with this file. Bob

> One can associate .gifs with any picture viewer. Lots of folks just use
> IE tho.

Thanks for the replies. Although IE is a bit basic it is still better than
Quick Time . Bob

> --
> http://www.bootdisk.com/

°Mike°

IrfanView (free)
http://www.irfanview.com

PhotoFiltre (free)
http://photofiltre.free.fr/utils/pf-setup-en.exe
Web site in French
http://www.photofiltre.com/

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:38:01 -0000, in
<vMK1c.2851$(E-Mail Removed)>
Bob B scrawled:

>Like a fool I have associated .gif files with 'quick time'. What is the
>normal default programme used with this file. Bob

--
Basic computer maintenance

Dr. Bill

Bob B wrote:
> "Dr. Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:40477b9a$0$3894$(E-Mail Removed). nl...
>> Bob B wrote:
>>> Like a fool I have associated .gif files with 'quick time'. What is
>>> the normal default programme used with this file. Bob

>> In XP, like you apparantly use, you can choose IE (viewing) or even
>> Paint (no animated gif's)
>> The windows standard tools are very minimal, so get yourself a fine

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Still stands, XP or 98SE or any win version.

°Mike° wrote:
> IrfanView (free)
> http://www.irfanview.com
>
> PhotoFiltre (free)
> http://photofiltre.free.fr/utils/pf-setup-en.exe
> Web site in French

^^^^^^
French Frog website? No way!
http://www.dwtoons.com/Top%20Secret/...rench%20Army.j
pg

> http://www.photofiltre.com/
>

> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:38:01 -0000, in
> <vMK1c.2851$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Bob B scrawled:
>
>> Like a fool I have associated .gif files with 'quick time'. What is
>> the normal default programme used with this file. Bob

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"Bob B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LIL1c.2858$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
> news:404783da$0$39359$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Bob B wrote:
> > >
> > > Like a fool I have associated .gif files with 'quick time'. What is

the
> > > normal default programme used with this file. Bob

> > One can associate .gifs with any picture viewer. Lots of folks just use
> > IE tho.

> Thanks for the replies. Although IE is a bit basic it is still better than
> Quick Time . Bob

And both are so far down in the mud compared to Irfanview (
http://www.irfanview.com ) that it's not even funny.

Try Irfanview - it can load and resize a picture before IE even does
the "Wha? Someone wants me? Oh, crap, gotta wake up then" schtick <B-)

RwP