Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Millenium and Internet Explore Problems

Millenium and Internet Explore Problems

ka1999

Every time I try to open internet explorer I receive an error message
and it asks me if I want to send the error to Microsoft. I never even
get a chance to see the browser. I am connected via Cable modem and I
can check my e-mail via outlook so I know I'm connected. I tried to
install Explorer6 but it will not download the files because it says
it cannot connect. I also receive a kernel32.dll message everytime
explorer will not open. This is a friends machine and I know
millenium sucks, but I do not want her to have to buy XP or 2000. I
feel confident that someone else has had the same problem and that it
shouldn't be that hard to fix. Thank you.

Ron Martell

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (ka1999) wrote:

>Every time I try to open internet explorer I receive an error message
>and it asks me if I want to send the error to Microsoft. I never even
>get a chance to see the browser. I am connected via Cable modem and I
>can check my e-mail via outlook so I know I'm connected. I tried to
>install Explorer6 but it will not download the files because it says
>it cannot connect. I also receive a kernel32.dll message everytime
>explorer will not open. This is a friends machine and I know
>millenium sucks, but I do not want her to have to buy XP or 2000. I
>feel confident that someone else has had the same problem and that it
>shouldn't be that hard to fix. Thank you.

Please post the text of the kernel32.dll error message *verbatim*.

In Outlook Express click on Help - About Outlook Express and make note
of the version number. Post that information back here as well.

That will give us something specific to work on.

Also make sure that the antivirus software is completely up to date,
with the virus definition files not more than 3 days old, and do a
complete virus scan of the computer.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

Gary A. Edelstein

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
(E-Mail Removed) says...

>Every time I try to open internet explorer I receive an error message
>and it asks me if I want to send the error to Microsoft. I never even
>get a chance to see the browser. I am connected via Cable modem and I
>can check my e-mail via outlook so I know I'm connected. I tried to
>install Explorer6 but it will not download the files because it says
>it cannot connect. I also receive a kernel32.dll message everytime
>explorer will not open. This is a friends machine and I know
>millenium sucks, but I do not want her to have to buy XP or 2000. I
>feel confident that someone else has had the same problem and that it
>shouldn't be that hard to fix. Thank you.

I agree with Ron's suggestions. In addition, this could be caused by
viruses or spyware/adware. Do a virus scan and get Adaware and Spybot
Remover, update them and run them.

Gary E
--
|Gary A. Edelstein
|(E-Mail Removed) (remove NOSPAM and .invalid to reply)
|"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Walt Kelly's Pogo