Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Annoying Webpage!!!

Annoying Webpage!!!

Randall

Can someone please please please help me.....

Every so often there's a page that sets itself to my homepage and
sometimes when I click on a link the page comes up...., I've set my
homepage a number of times now but after a couple of hours it changes
back.

Anyone know what may have caused this and how I can get rid of it?

Thank you in advance
Randall

sheltongenie

Randall~
Sounds like you've got a virus. If you don't have an antivirus program you
can scan online at http://www.pcpitstop.com/ however, they can not remove
the virus, if you have one.
~SheltonGenie

"Randall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Can someone please please please help me.....
>
> Every so often there's a page that sets itself to my homepage and
> sometimes when I click on a link the page comes up...., I've set my
> homepage a number of times now but after a couple of hours it changes
> back.
>
> Anyone know what may have caused this and how I can get rid of it?
>
> Thank you in advance
> Randall

Steve

"Randall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Can someone please please please help me.....
>
> Every so often there's a page that sets itself to my homepage and
> sometimes when I click on a link the page comes up...., I've set my
> homepage a number of times now but after a couple of hours it changes
> back.
>
> Anyone know what may have caused this and how I can get rid of it?
>
> Thank you in advance
> Randall

What homepage ? sounds like some kind of hijacker at work.

Harrison

On 4 Mar 2004 01:06:31 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Randall) wrote:

>Can someone please please please help me.....
>
>Every so often there's a page that sets itself to my homepage and
>sometimes when I click on a link the page comes up...., I've set my
>homepage a number of times now but after a couple of hours it changes
>back.
>
>Anyone know what may have caused this and how I can get rid of it?
>
>Thank you in advance
>Randall

Download, install, update, and run the following programs:
Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
Spyware Blaster - http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

The first two find and root out spyware, adware, hijackers, and dialers.
The third one will protect your system from further infection by such diseases.

Download and run hijackthis from http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
Post back here with your log file if you do not understand what needs to be removed.

sethra

(E-Mail Removed) (Randall) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) m:

> Can someone please please please help me.....
>
> Every so often there's a page that sets itself to my homepage and
> sometimes when I click on a link the page comes up...., I've set my
> homepage a number of times now but after a couple of hours it changes
> back.
>
> Anyone know what may have caused this and how I can get rid of it?
>
> Thank you in advance
> Randall

After you've followed the advice of the other posters in the thread, turn
off the bloody damn ActiveX and javascript while you surf, and that will
NOT happen again, at least through casual surfing.

If you decide to download and run something, that's another story.

--
~sethra

Annoying URL behaviour in Firefox 1.0 WordUP Firefox 4 01-23-2005 09:33 PM
annoying SP2 wireless problem =?Utf-8?B?R3JlZw==?= Wireless Networking 1 08-16-2004 10:16 PM
Annoying Bug Repo Man Firefox 7 09-25-2003 10:55 PM
seriously ANNOYING problems with Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1 Astromannix Firefox 1 08-13-2003 09:03 AM
Annoying Mail message box Steve Firefox 2 08-05-2003 05:53 PM

Advertisments