Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Clearing Internet Explorer Cache?

Clearing Internet Explorer Cache?

GateGod

Hi all,

My IE6 has damaged files somehow. When I try to reinstall it, It keeps
telling me that I have damaged or corrupted file(s) and to clear the cache.
I've cleared every setting that I'm aware of. What is it referring to? TIA

Dale :O)

Unk

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 06:49:48 GMT, "GateGod" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
>Hi all,
>
> My IE6 has damaged files somehow. When I try to reinstall it, It keeps
>telling me that I have damaged or corrupted file(s) and to clear the cache.
>I've cleared every setting that I'm aware of. What is it referring to? TIA
>

> Dale :O)

Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options. Click the "General"
tab, Under "Temporary Internet Files", click the "Delete Files" button,
check the box, "Delete all offline content", "OK". After it finishes, click
the "Settings" button and lower the amount of disk space to use to 20 Meg.
Click "OK", "Apply". That will increase your hard drive space by how much
was in that folder. I've seen it well over a gig. Folders that big are prone
to crosslinked files. Clear it weekly, or sooner, especially if IE starts
acting funny.

Juan Pérez

GateGod <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gkA1c.24834$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> My IE6 has damaged files somehow. When I try to reinstall it, It

keeps
> telling me that I have damaged or corrupted file(s) and to clear the

cache.
> I've cleared every setting that I'm aware of. What is it referring to?

TIA

Tools/Internet Options, General Tab, clear Temporary Internet Files and
History.

You've probably already done this but that's what the error message is
referring to.
--
Juan

GateGod

----> Done that and it did not work. ?? I give up.

Dale

news:WUA1c.32414$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...