Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > dell dimension 8300

dell dimension 8300

stewart

I have been looking at the dell dimension 8300 and i am wondering if
anyone knows how many slots for memory it has? How good is this
computer? does anyone have it and what are your thoughts about it?
Thanks

Harrison

On 3 Mar 2004 20:32:03 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (stewart) wrote:

>I have been looking at the dell dimension 8300 and i am wondering if
>anyone knows how many slots for memory it has?

4 banks / non-parity DDR PC2700 or PC 3200 (must be installed in pairs)/ total capacity 4096 mb (4x1024)

>How good is this computer?

How long is a piece of string? This is a very good computer for higher end gaming, video editing, and graphics
rendering.
If you're just surfing and e-mailing, get a 2400.

Willy

"stewart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I have been looking at the dell dimension 8300 and i am wondering if
> anyone knows how many slots for memory it has? How good is this
> computer? does anyone have it and what are your thoughts about it?
> Thanks

I have an 8200 and an 8300. The 8400 should be out by now. As Harrison says,
there are four available slots. If you get what you want on an 8300 or 2400,
you'll find that the prices are about the same. So I would go with the
larger tower...83 or 8400.

--
Willy...he really don't care.