Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Remote Router controll

Remote Router controll

Asterixe63

Hello,

How do I contact my router at home from a remote location?
I do have all info, like IP address, etc............
I use a Linksys router and like to be able to access it from anywhere.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Anton

rickAnthony

Cisco routers are explicitly set up to do that. I have never heard of doing
it with a little LinkSys.

"Asterixe63" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Y7k1c.180670$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hello,
>
> How do I contact my router at home from a remote location?
> I do have all info, like IP address, etc............
> I use a Linksys router and like to be able to access it from anywhere.
>
> Please let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Anton

Dan Shea

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:24:24 GMT, "Asterixe63" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>How do I contact my router at home from a remote location?
>I do have all info, like IP address, etc............
>I use a Linksys router and like to be able to access it from anywhere.

By default, you cannot remotely administrer a Linksys router. You can
set it up so this is possible, but you might want to think twice about
doing so.

Depending on the router model, go into the Administration menu, and
enable Remote Access. Bingo. Remotely, you can access the router's
web administration by simply contacting the IP address of the router,
on the port you specified. Log in as per usual. Consult your Linksys
manual for further details.

Cheers,
dan

why?

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:24:24 GMT, Asterixe63 wrote:

>Hello,
>
>How do I contact my router at home from a remote location?
>I do have all info, like IP address, etc............
>I use a Linksys router and like to be able to access it from anywhere.

Wow the thrills and spills of a router config page while on holiday

Check the manual, the older Netgear's like the RT314 allow telnet to the
public facing IP, remembering to configure any passwords before going
away..

It may also help to say just what the model of your router is or not.
<snip>

Me

d-cm Controll Manager darragh Python 1 05-15-2010 05:28 PM
files permissions controll and C Programming 2 06-19-2009 10:20 AM
How Can I Controll Text Size on My Website? vunet.us@gmail.com HTML 25 04-23-2007 03:50 PM
Developing an app to controll multiple screens at once Daniel C++ 1 12-31-2003 04:28 PM
Terminal Controll... Brendan zerofor0je C Programming 2 11-08-2003 02:09 AM

Advertisments