Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > When I open Internet Explorer, along with my home page a pop page pops up, I have changed home page but that doesnt work

When I open Internet Explorer, along with my home page a pop page pops up, I have changed home page but that doesnt work

Phil

Get a Popup stopper.

Phil

"cteq" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> the webpage is xadia or something like that and then changes to diff
> page everytime I open.
>
> Ad Aware hasnt found anything.
>
> Can anyone help stop this?
>
> TIA

cteq

the webpage is xadia or something like that and then changes to diff
page everytime I open.

Ad Aware hasnt found anything.

Can anyone help stop this?

TIA

Brian H¹©

cteq said:

> the webpage is xadia or something like that and then changes to diff
> page everytime I open.
>
> Ad Aware hasnt found anything.
>
> Can anyone help stop this?
>
> TIA

How come you put half your comments in the subject and the rest in the message
area?

cteq

Got Zone pro to do that, but it still pops....

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 17:43:53 -0500, "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Get a Popup stopper.
>
>Phil
>
>"cteq" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> the webpage is xadia or something like that and then changes to diff
>> page everytime I open.
>>
>> Ad Aware hasnt found anything.
>>
>> Can anyone help stop this?
>>
>> TIA

°Mike°

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/
http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
SpyBot S&D guide

Spyware Blaster
http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html

CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html

If merijn.org is out of action, you can get new update
from one of the links below:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?H24932667
http://www.zerosrealm.com/downloads/CWShredder.zip
http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/cwshred15.zip
http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads...CWShredder.exe

If none of the above help, install HijackThis and post
the *full* contents of your log here.

HijackThis
http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 23:07:04 +0000, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
cteq scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Phil

It quite possible that can be some popin ads or fly in ad. I'm not sure Zone
pro does block those. However, other program might. I would make a search.

Phil

"cteq" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Got Zone pro to do that, but it still pops....
>

> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 17:43:53 -0500, "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Get a Popup stopper.
> >
> >Phil
> >
> >"cteq" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> the webpage is xadia or something like that and then changes to diff
> >> page everytime I open.
> >>
> >> Ad Aware hasnt found anything.
> >>
> >> Can anyone help stop this?
> >>
> >> TIA

Phil

Then those popup window can be popin windows or fly in Ad. I'm not sure if
Zone pro prevent those from showing. Other programs might. I would make a
search.

Phil

"cteq" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Got Zone pro to do that, but it still pops....
>

> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 17:43:53 -0500, "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Get a Popup stopper.
> >
> >Phil
> >
> >"cteq" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> the webpage is xadia or something like that and then changes to diff
> >> page everytime I open.
> >>
> >> Ad Aware hasnt found anything.
> >>
> >> Can anyone help stop this?
> >>
> >> TIA

Wyatt M. Portendt

Phil wrote:

> It quite possible that can be some popin ads or fly in ad. I'm not sure Zone
> pro does block those. However, other program might. I would make a search.
>
> Phil
>
> "cteq" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Got Zone pro to do that, but it still pops....
>>

>>On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 17:43:53 -0500, "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>Get a Popup stopper.
>>>
>>>Phil
>>>
>>>"cteq" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

Is Window's Messenger service disabled? (Not to be confused with
Window's Messenger IM program)